In The Middle

MAX

After showing Jay around, we went to the cafeteria. We somehow got split up, Jack and I walked to the table with the gang.
"Hey, guess what, Max seats next to the beauty in English class!" The gang looks at me and I could feel my face get red.
"So what is she liked?" said Tim
"Ya, what's she like!" said Toby.
I smile and say "well she's a total tomboy, and she's has this sweet smile and sweet voice an--"
The gang begins to laugh, my face turns even more red.
"So...., what did you think of the game last night!" asked Leo. The subject changes, I join in, but my eyes averted to Jay. The thing is she was sitting next to Ian.
She was smiling and laughing. I clenched my jaw. I turned my attention back to the gang. *She should be showing that smile to only me*

JAY

Ian said something funny about how a baseball player on tv runs like a duck. I laughed, then Ian turned my way. We made eye contact, then he smiled and said "You have a pretty smile, you should smile more."
I just nodded.

After school I started walking home, then I was stopped by Max.
Jay-"Oh, hey Max"
Max-"Stay away from Ian!"
Jay-"Huh, why?"
Max-"He's bad news, and he might hurt you!"
I look at Max with a confused face. He sighs and then says "I'm not saying that you can't defend yourself, just promise me you'll be careful." Max said this with a worried face, I just nodded. He sighed a sigh of relief. Then Ian came up from behind and rapped his arm around my neck.
Jay-"Oh, Ian"
Ian-"Is this guy giving you trouble, Jay"
I look at Max then Ian and said "No". I shake of Ian's arm and stand in the middle of the two. Max then looks at me then asked "Jay, do you want to hang out with me and my buddies?" Then Ian looked at me and asked the same question. I look at both of them and shake my head, "Sorry you guys, I have to get back home, maybe another time." I quickly walk away.
I ran all the way home, I run to the door and open it. I found Annie placing plates on the kitchen table.
"Oh, Jammie, how was school?"
I shut the door and lean against it, then sighed.
Jay-"It was..., ok"
Annie-"Ok?, what happened."
I told everything that happened.
Annie-"I see"
I nod, and then stare at Annie.
Annie-"Maybe they both have a crush on you, and are fighting over you."
I stare at her confused, then there was a knock at the door. Annie and I both turn to the door. I get up and open the door to find.....