Chapter Eight

They awoke the next morning, the death of Lindsey still not leaving their terrified minds.

They looked around, hearing the slightest buzzing sound along with numerous yawns. Their heads hung low, and their eye lids sagged. They were without a doubt terrified. And would be for a long time.

"Are we alive?" Jayden mumbled, tucking his small body under the large stack of blankets.

"Yeah, don't be scared," Jade tried acting tough, but deep inside she was already dead. Knowing people were each going to be eliminated.

"How can I not be scared? Lindsey's in the room next to us, dead."

"Stop! Everyone already knows, you're only reminding us."

"I'm sorry, it's just-"

"Guys, stop talking about it. Jade's right, we already know," Tristan blurted, sick of hearing the two argue.

"Okay, great idea," Said Jade, taking a deep breath and closing her eyes for the shortest second.

Once they were all awake, they decided to go to the restroom together. Because they were far too scared to go alone.

The scary thing was, no one knew who the killer was. So they had to watch their backs at all times, and pray to God they'd live.

"No one leave the line," Jax hissed, making sure the line they were in was perfectly straight, "We don't want anyone to be alone."

"I'm sick of this. Stop being chickens!" Tristan rolled his eyes, exiting the line and walking down the hallway.

"No! You're going to die!"

"How can we die if we're all right here?" Jade rose her eyebrow, thinking really hard.

"Good point. Maybe he's the killer."

"Remember, we made it clear that he's not the killer. He didn't have his knife."

"Whoever is the killer is really sneaky!" Jax shivered, picturing everyone besides him as a killer. But he just couldn't see it.

They all looked at each other, holding their breaths.

The situation couldn't be worse, they either avoid each other, or stay with each other and risk being killed.

"We should split up," Nova rose her voice, backing out of the line with her hands in the air.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, we need too- I don't have a reason, but we should," She held her breath.

"Okay, we can maybe make this a game," Tristan smirked.

"No games, let's just split up."

They gave each other a nod, before splitting up. What they didn't realize was Jordan was still in the bathroom, and she had no idea they split up.

The poor girl exited the bathroom, bluntly terrified because no one was around.

Her first though was, maybe everyone's the killer- they're probably going to jump scare me.

But no. The only thing heard was silence, and it scared her.

She tip-toed down the hallway, vibrating as she shook.

"Jayden," She mumbled, hoping her brother would hear her.

No answer.

The house was quite big, and she had a hard time finding her room due to the many doors. But she still watched her back.

Jade, on the other hand was alone. Walking between a narrow hallway that she'd never been down- trying to find a good place to hide in case the killer tried killing everyone at once.

She didn't have much sympathy for the other people living in the house. They weren't close, but Jade's always had trust issues. Even with her small crushes she's had in the past.

"Whoa," She muttered, tripping over a long black chord, in the middle of the hallway.

In front of her was a red door, taped on the door was a small lined peace of paper, filled with what seemed like a child's drawing.

This house was a little sketchy, but it was casual.

The picture built suspense. Jade examined it, noticing something off about it.

The picture was simple. A red house, surrounded by flowers.

Two children, a mom and dad. The thing about the picture that seemed off was the dad seemed to have something sharp in his hand. A knife.

One of the little girls had a frown on her face, and the other one was covered in red.

The picture made Jade not want to enter the room. She was afraid to find dead people, or worse.

Instead of making the wrong decision, she entered a different room, that seemed less sketchy.

This particular room seemed to be a little girls room. Pink walls, small princess bed, and princess decals. The window in this room was large, but you could still see the thick, metal bars outside the window.

There was still something unsettling about this room. Ring around the Rosie- the nursery rhyme played. But it was different. It sent chills down Jade's spine.

She's always heard terrible things about that song. Apparently it had to do with- death?

She brushed off the creepy song by turning the radio off and collapsing on the small bed.

Then she heard it. The same buzzing noise from earlier. And she felt like throwing up.

She ran towards the door, locking it in case someone tried to come in. But she still didn't feel safe.

Jayden noticed the narrow hallway, but didn't dare to go down it. He was trying to find his sister, for nothing could ever split them up. But she was no were to be seen.

"Jordan, were are you?" He hollered, turning around due to the slightest sound.

He still heard nothing. But Jordan was in fact trying to find him as well, on the opposite side of the house.

He gave up. Knowing he should go back to his room or something.