Chapter Two

*An alarm sounds*

The ceiling in each room contains a swoll black circle with numerous holes within its center, peering to be a speaker of some sort. Jade caught herself zoning out before it echoed harshly, waking each person in the house. 

They felt utterly uncomfortable and were drowned in confusion; the understanding of why they were in this unfamiliar environment was impossible.

"What's happening?" Jade arose from a small springy bed in the right corner of the room, nearly missing the headboard. She notices a girl in the corner who is involuntarily twitching. "A-Are you okay?"

Seizure? Jade thought.

"N-N-No."

The decently large room looked like a high-class seclusion room—white walls, barred windows, and two small beds that sat kitty-corner from one another. The strange thing is, in a clay vase sat freshly picked sunflowers that were propped on a dull nightstand in the center of the room.

Out of everything, the flowers gave Jade an eerie feeling.

"Who are you?" Jade cocks her head in confusion, "Wait. I think I've seen you before," She widens her eyes, "Well isn't it the girl who can see ghosts..."

The girl seems to be suffering.

"You going to answer?" Jade rolls her eyes before sitting back on the bed. "If you're not going to answer me. I'm going to figure out where we are." She arises once more and walks towards a narrow door, centered perfectly in the room.

She didn't expect the door to be unlocked, and to her luck, it was.

The lights are dim and the hallway seemed to drag on for miles. It peered to be a typical home. Bedrooms, bathrooms, and elegant decorations that she suspected dated back to the 19th century.

The tip-toeing began and she rose her chin high and mighty.

Don't allow them to feel your fear. She thought.

"I believe my house is larger than this... where am I?" Jade hears a baritone voice echoing from the room to her right; it was no different than the room she awakens in.

A teen with jet-black hair and hazel eyes cowers; looking around the room erratically with a worry full frown. She can't make her presence known and decides to spectate the boy.

Suddenly, a second boy by the name of Damian Savage peeks his head over a thin white sheet.

"Who are you...?" Damian questions the irregular boy.

"Uh, Justin." He mumbles, "Who are you?"

Damian arose from the bed and cocked his eyes at the strange boy. "Wait... no you're not, I've seen you around town before. You're the kid from Gilbert Corners right?"

The boy widens his eyes, "You know me? The names Jax Benson if you must know."

"I'm Damian." He yawns, "Gossip. That's the only reason I know you. Honestly, that's not important because I must be dreaming. Last I remember I was studying for my test and somehow I'm here." He bites his lip and plays with his fingers anxiously.

"Wait... gossip?" Jax is taken aback, "How is it that you've heard about me from others? I've never met you and our town isn't that small!"

"As I said, it isn't important!" Damian raises his voice, "I'm dreaming. I don't owe you any explanation." His eyes come to a close as if he really was lost in a crazed dream.

Jade felt the same way; she finally maneuvers her way into the room to greet the two boys.

"Uh... hi." She says calmly, trying her best not to startle them.