Chapter Seven

River ran out of the room. Hope said she saw Jayden. It couldn't have been Jayden though, he didn't know Lindsey! Why would he hurt her? She was nice from what he could tell. He got to his room, tears running down his face. Before he could even open the door it swung open, Tristan standing their looking at him as the shorter boy looked down hiding his tears.

Tristan already saw them, and despite not really liking the whiny kid he sighed and grabbed his arm, closing the door and shutting it quietly. "What's wrong River?" He asked, pushing the boy down on his bed and sitting next to him.

"I'm so-sorry. I sh-shouldn't have j-just as-su-ssumed you w-were a kill-iller." The younger boy sobbed, wiping at his eyes but they continued to fall. "You n-never d-did anythi-thing to me and I said it was y-you and I kn-know I'm wr-wrong now I'm s-so s-s-sorry." River hugged Tristan tightly and continued crying, his small frame shaking.

He felt really bad for blaming the older boy, it couldn't have been him.

Tristan smiled slightly, not used to people
apologizing or hugging him. "Um, I-it's okay, River, no need to be so... Uh... Sad." He awkwardly patted the boys back.

River looked up, eyes glistening with tears. "Are you s-sure y-you're not ma-ad at me?" He sniffles. Tristan sighs but nods his head.

"We've gotta find the killer soon before we die though. I'll help you if you trust me now."

River nods his head and smile, wiping at his eyes to rid them of tears. "I h-have an idea on h-how to get o-out of here."

Tristan nodded, "how?" And so River begun to explain.

Meanwhile Damian was rather irritated. "Jax! Your father is not the president. You are not famous! And you don't even know Jade's name you're not dating her!" He growled at the lying boy, his glare intense.

"It's all true, I swear!" Jax exclaimed, trying his hardest to get the stubborn know-it-all to believe him. It obviously wasn't working.

"You know it's very difficult to trick somewhat with a picture perfect memory like mine right?" He scowls, Jax returns the scowl, obviously not pleased with him.

"I really can't stand you." The red-head states, sitting in his bed and pulling out a book he had come across in a library-like room.

Jax sighed and walked out of the room. He found an open door, there was three girls, Liberty, Hope and Jade and two boys, Jayden looked horrified and Preston was facing the other way, covering the liar's view. He could only see wavy red hair.

Walking in he found something he never wanted to see. Lindsey just lied on the ground, red hair clumped together with blood, the carpet around her sticky and red. Her normally big, bright blue eyes were now dull and lifeless a bit of smile played at her lips.

"Wh-"

"Someone killed her." The purple eyed boy glares at nothing. "And I'll find out who, and if any of you killed her, and I find out it was you, you better be scared." He growls, storming out.

"I can't believe this actually happened." Jayden says sadly, following Preston out.

"How?" Jax asked and Hope started crying, Liberty led her out of the room to calm her down.

"We don't know, someone killed her though." She says, Jax simply nods and kneels beside the girl, crossing her arms over her chest and closing her eyes. The girls white dress was now stained red and it pained him to think her parents would never see her alive again, nobody would know she was dead aside from the others in the house as far as he knew.

Nobody would care. Nobody would know to mourn her.

"It'll be ok, Jax, no need to get all teary-eyed." Jade let's out a sad laugh and Jax rolls his eyes.

"I'm not crying, I barley knew the girl. Her death is sad and I feel bad, but I don't know, she doesn't have to be afraid anymore, you know? We're all so scared we'll be next, she doesn't have anything to worry about." He smiles.

"That was surprisingly smart Jax." Jade smile slightly. "I'll see you later then." With that the black haired girl walked away.

"So the rumors are true? And that Hope girl actually had the decency to blame my brother?" Jordan stood in the door, her eyebrows furrowed. "People are idiots, Jayden wouldn't hurt a fly, he doesn't have it in him to kill a girl. I should know, lived with him my entire life."

"Jordan it's fine, she's crazy it could have been anyone." Nova peeks her head in the doorway and waves at Jax, her pastel hair swishing as she skipped up to him looking him straight in the eyes. "You didn't kill him did you?" She questions.

Jax looked taken aback. "Of course I didn't kill her! I couldn't steal another human beings life!" He stumbles on his words, not wanting to be blamed for her death.

"Ok, I believe you." Nova states, tilting her head with a smile on her lips, "I like you, you seem nice. We're gonna be friends now, 'Kay and if you need anything feel free to ask!" She cheers, standing up and twirling.

"Yeah... Yeah, ok. I'll be your friend." He says and Nova squeals in delight, tackling him in a hug.

"Come on, I know where we're to take the bodies, follow me." She says, skipping out of the room. Jax picks up the body and follows her out.

"What are you doing with her?!? She isn't yours to move!" Preston glares and Jax who scowls in return.

"We're moving her so Liberty doesn't have to sleep with dead body in her room and so Lindsey can be properly returned to her family, hopefully." Jax says, Preston had a pained look on his face.

"I'll come with you." He says and the three walk past the kitchen and dining room, through the living room and game room. They soon discovered a garage. A large sign read 'bodies' a single door sat on the edge of the room, not barred off like the rest but impossible to open from the inside.

"We're just leaving her here? What if they do something to her?"

A note was slid under the door. "This says she'll be brought home and given a proper funeral, she doesn't have any family but they'll hand her body over to the orphanage she belongs too." Nova says, "I think it's safe."

"Fine." Preston reluctantly agrees to let them leave the body in the cold garage, only after they allowed him to leave her with a single white rose from her room and a soft blanket.

They left the room in silence and that night Liberty stayed in Nova and Jordan's room and no one slept very well, all plagued with the memory of Lindsey's ice cold, pale skin and blood stained hair.

And they all knew, no one was truly safe anymore.