Chapter Six

"Tristan, I hope you realize this house would be a lot safer if you hadn't brought your giant knife with you," Jade stated.

"Not really, they're knives in the kitchen," He said not wanting people to think bad of his precious knife.

"But they're a lot smaller, yours is too intimidating," Jade shook her head in disgust, "Speaking of  your knife, where is it?"

"Well, River took it, so I don't exactly know where it is," He sighed, shoving his hand in his pocket.

"You're telling me your knife is going around! That's not safe," Jade gasped.

"You can take it from him, I just wanted him to trust me," He yawned, not seeming to care.

"You're such an idiot! While you enjoy whatever it is  you're doing, I'm going to find that knife and destroy it!" Jade scowled, stiffening her finger down the hallway.

"You go do that," Tristan shrugged, walking the opposite direction, "If you need me I'll be in the kitchen, gathering all the knives."

"Wait, how are we going to cut our food?" Jade rose her eyebrow, stopping in her tracks.

"How do you know we're going to get food?" Asked Tristan.

"We're human beings! If whoever is in charge of this crap doesn't give us food, we're all going to die!" Jade rose her voice.

"Good point, I hope they feed us," Tristan sighed, continuing his walk to the kitchen.

Jade quickly walked to River's room, thinking he'd be there. The halls were dark and tall, and the slightest noise would appeal much louder than normal. Hearing a door slam at the end of the hallway caused Jade to jump, hitting her head on the door panel.

"H-Hello?" She muttered. Hearing no answer meant she could open River's door without any disturbances.

She slowly crept open the door, examining the dark room before taking the slightest step. "River?" She took a deep breath, trying to gain bravery.

"Jade, Jade!" A loud voice from behind Jade caused her to fall to the ground, completely petrified.

"What the heck are you doing River? Don't scare me like that!" Jade shot back, folding her arms.

"I didn't mean to scare you," River bent his knees and covered his mouth with his two thin hands. "I-I'm scared, and I need your help."

"First, tell me where you hid Tristan's knife," Jade demanded, finally standing from the floor.

"W-What do you mean? I gave it to Lindsey and Hope," He widened his eyes, and started to shake rapidly throughout his body.

"Oh my gosh!" Jade groaned, "I knew it was going around! This is all Tristan's fault!"

"I know it is! He's a killer, and we all know it," River frowned, "I don't understand why he's trying to prove a point."

"No, he isn't the killer!" She said, seeming slightly offended by his choice of words.

"H-How do you know?" River slouched even deeper, looking behind him.

"I just know! I can tell when someone's a killer, It's a gut feeling I have," She cringed, "You have to believe me if everyone thinks he's a killer, you're going to ruin his life!"

River examined Jade for a moment, rubbing his chin. "Fine, but you have to promise me something."

"What is it?"

"When I want to go places but I'm too scared to go by myself, can you come with me?" He forced a smile, hoping she'd agree.

"Eh, I guess so," She shrugged.

All of a sudden a loud, screechy yell was heard. Probably one of the loudest noises River's ever heard, they both ran towards the noise, noticing the small 'HELP'

"HELP! SHE'S DEAD!" A familiar voice screamed bloody murder.

River and Jade reached the room, their hearts beating faster than ever before. Lying on the ground in a pool of blood surrounding her was Lindsey. They were without a doubt speechless, knowing she was obviously dead. Her eyes were completely open, and her mouth was slightly departed revealing her bloody teeth.

"I-It's starting," River mumbled, his eyes becoming blood red.

"How did she die! What the heck happened!" Jade covered her eyes, starting to cry. "Someone please tell me?"

Hope was the one who screamed in the first place, and now she was rolling on the floor totally freaking out. Hope couldn't have killed her, she's scared of her own shadow, literally! And I don't think Lindsey would kill herself.

"A guy came in here and killed her!" Cried Hope, still rolling on the floor.

"What? Who's the guy? There's only so many guys in this house," Jade explained, shouting.

Suddenly Jayden entered the room, his small self, seeming as worried as could be. He'd just woken up, so no one knew who he was. "What's happening guys?" He rubbed his eyes, trying to adjust to the light. "Oh my gosh! Is that girl dead?" His high-pitched voice squeaked, pointing at Lindsey lying dead on the floor.

"It was him!" Hope shouted, pointing at short Jayden.

"Huh? What did I do?" He rose his eyebrow, examining everyone's scared faces.

"Y-You killed her?" River stuttered, slowly backing away from Jayden.

"What? I just woke up, how could I have killed her?" He shook his head, annoyed.

"Hope said you killed her, that has to mean something," Jade stated, eyeing the small boy.

Tristan's knife lied next to Lindsey, covered in blood.

"Wait, it has to be Tristan!" River shrieked.

"No! I was just with him, plus he gave his knife to you River," Said Jade.

"But I gave it to Lindsey and Hope, so don't blame it on me!" River groaned, defensively.

"I'm not saying you killed her, it's just-crazy!"

"We're all going to die, don't you understand?" Hope started rocking back and forth, with a slight smirk upon her face. "This is only the beginning of the game, that's what the guy who killed her said."

"Run."