Chapter Fourty - Five

A Relit Cigarette
Never Tastes The Same
And That's All I'll Preach
On Rekindling Old Flames. ~Word Porn

*

*** Friday Evening 6:02pm...

I was tired. I'd just finish helping Nina and Pierce work on their choreography for tomorrow's gala in the studio of the pack house. I grab my bottle of water from beside the stero system and gulp it down generously.

"Easy tiger." My brother teased.

I flipped him my middle finger as I took the last gulp of my water and blech. "Oops, sorry bro." I quickly cover my mouth embarrassed at what I just did.

"Nasty." He made a face as he glared at me up and down. "Just nasty."

"Shut up fool." I playfully slapped his arm and laughing.

"Okay, we're heading out Scar." Nina gave me a quick hug and peck my cheek. "Thanks again babe."

"See you later sis." Pierce ruffled my hair.

"Asshole." I muttered.

"Love you too." He chuckle as he walked out the studio door with Nina in tow.

I sat on the chair that was in the room. Ever since last week till now, I've been taking care of myself. I don't worry about anything much right now. Every now and then, I think about him, and what he's doing, does he think about me too. Those little stuff.

Pathetic, right?

A dry laugh escape my lips at the thought.

It's hard to convince yourself that you can go a day without thinking about the person you don't want to think about. But honestly, your heart and mind know that you can't no matter how hard you try. What I've understand is that, missing him is part of the process for you to move on. I mean, you can miss something and not want it back, right? But that's all I do think about us. Our soon to be "family", and he's not here to monitor things.

I took another swing of my water bottle, as I brought the tap to my lips, happily guzzling it down.

"Easy, there." I pulled the bottle from my lips and look at the person who'd just said that. My eyes roam the statuesque individual, with breathtaking azure orbs clashing with my green ones. Impossible...

Aiden Fierce.

"Aiden." I mumbled softly, not believing my eyes.

He flashed his killer pearly white smile at me. I gulped at the sight of it. "The mighty Scarlett." He beamed.

It was his nickname for me when we were kids. He always told me I was the heroine of my own story, even if it means losing a few battles to win the war.

"The fierce Adonis." I shot back.

He let out a throaty laugh. Aiden was indeed immensely attractive. But he wasn't the overbearing, arrogant type that you'd be used to. He was a gentleman and a sweet man. He was the kind of guy you'd go to ask for advice or a shoulder to cry on. He didn't judge, and he was so understanding and caring individual. He was basically every girls dream of the perfect guy, or the kind your parents would approve of marrying some day.

He close the door behind him and walked further into the studio. I got up from my chair and embrace him in a tight hug. "It's been too long, Scarlett."

"Yes, it has." I told him as we break apart.

"I see you still love to dance," He whirl around in the studio taking in the sight of it.