Chapter Fourty - One

We All Eat Lies When Our Hearts Are Hungry...

*

Two Months Later...

After my failed attempt to make my mate jealous, it back fired. I mean he was jealous yes, but the way I imagined it wasn't how it pan out in the end.

After he sent his message about me being his in my head. He stormed off not giving me a second glance. Even Chazz was surprised.

"Julian!" I yelled as I wiggled my way out of the handsome stranger grasp. "Julian!" I yelled again.

He didn't stop. I was literally jogging behind him to keep up. His long strides were powerful and hard to keep up with. One step for him was normal compared to my two steps to keep up with him. "Julian!" I said again panting coming off my chest heavily.

He stop abruptly, allowing me to crash in his back. I groan at the contact and rubbed my nose.

"Ouch." I groan. He stood tall and mighty with his back turned to me. He was silent. It was deafening. "Julian I'm----"

"Sorry." He inserted smoothly. "Like every other time too, right?" He inquired as he turned around to face me. I could see the hurt in his eyes. His face was emotionless and passive. What have I done?

"It's not what you think." I pleaded to him desperately. "Just let me--"

"Let you what? Explain?" His eyes darken at me. "I don't want any explanations Scarlett. I want you, without the complications. Every time you pulled this ridiculous stunt to evoke some reaction. Well not this time." He lashes.

"No, it's not like that Julian." I reassure him. I stepped forward to touch him, and he took a step back. I was stunned. My heart silently breaking at his reaction. My eyes were getting moist from this debacle. "Julian." I tried again.

He took a deep breath running his hand through his dark brown hair. He looked me forcefully in my eyes, "Tonight I want you to go home. I'm going to be busy for the next couple of weeks. I'll have to fly out with my Uncle to England for awhile." He informed me.

No! My mind screamed. I couldn't hold the tears back anymore and they came down in a flood. "When will you be back?" I whispered.

He was avoiding me. I could feel it, and so did my wolf. I guess I couldn't blame him. I know what I did was uncalled for, as well as impulsive, but this was too much to take.

"Probably in two to three weeks. Just don't be expecting me back soon." He said cold-heartedly.

"What will happen to us?" I needed to know. I didn't like this feeling settling in the pit of my stomach.

"I don't know, Scarlett. When I get back we'll see." He checked his watch and hiss a curse under his breath. "I gotta go. I'm going to be late, if I don't."