Chapter Ten

~~~Scarlett's Pov

I punched the punching bag that hung from the ceiling in the gym. My gloves connecting with the object rapidly, one jab after the other. Sweat beaded at my forehead. My arms felt swore but I didn't care. I swing my leg toward the bag kicking it like my life depended on it. I didn't pay attention to the other pack members around me. I needed to burn some steam and probably to stop think about Julian.

I looked at the tangible object one last time before punching it rapidly again. My chest was heaving hard, as my lungs wanted to catch air into them. My eyes heated as I brought my fists toward the hard spongy material, hitting it firmly causing the bag to move back and forth. I took my gloves off and place them in the dispenser. I headed back to my station where I collected my bag off the ground and headed through the door. I place my bag on my shoulder while rummaging through it to find my ipod.

I had a strong belief that music is life and when it hits you feel no pain. I unwrapped my ear plugs from around my ipod and plugged it in my ears. I scroll through my play lists and couldn't find one song to complement my mood. Then I saw a song called 2 on by Tinashe featuring School Boy Q. I let the song blast through my ear plugs blocking the world out and every thought that was in my head.

I arrived home thirty minutes later, making my way up the staircase and going into my room. I dropped my bag on the floor beside the door. I took out my ear plugs and turn off the music, as I set down my ipod on my dresser in a neat manner. I sat on my bed and hung my head. My wolf was feeling pretty shitty. We needed our mate, desperately. I took a deep breath, as I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower.

I got out an hour later wrapped in a white fluffy towel. I sat on my bed with my legs folded across each other. I'm so bored. I hear a gently knock coming from my door. "It's open" I called out. My mum appeared by the door, poking her head in.

"Hey baby you have a special visitor that really wants to see." My mum beamed.

Could it be... No way. I didn't tell my parents about Julian yet. Couldn't bring myself to tell them yet. I swallowed hard trying to remain calm.

"Who is it?" I asked my voice not giving away anything. I saw my mom open the door wider revealing a beautiful brunette with a pretty smile forming at her lips. My eyes went wide with shock and I let out a scream that had my mum covering her ears. It was my best friend Nina Gustavo. I scrambled out of my bed and hugged her. She hugged back tightly cutting off my air supply.

"Nina," I said in a shakily tone. I couldn't believe my eyes. "Somebody pinch me, this isn't happening." I felt a sharp pain on my skin where a red bruise appeared.

"Nina!" I yelled. "Damn you, you haven't changed." I scolded her. She burst out in a fit of giggles holding her tummy to show how hard she was laughing.

Nina beamed at me and said, "What?" She shrugged, "You asked. So I opt for the job. Yes, believe it I am here and live in colours baby!" My mum chuckled at Nina's  outburst.

"I'll leave you two alone. Nina would you like to stay for dinner dear?" My mum asked.

"Yes! You have to!" I insisted. Nina chuckled.

"Yes Aunt Katerina, I would love to thank you." Nina told my mother heart warmly.

My mum fan off Nina's formal approach. "Nonsense, it's Auntie Kat to you and you know that. I'll go now." My mum closed the door and left us in private.

"I can't believe you're here!" I giggled as I sat back on my bed. Nina was one of my closest friends. We had history together until she left to visit her mum in another country during my senior year in high school. That was pretty long if you asked me. She was staying with the Summer Bell pack in Houston.

"Girl please! It was long over due any way. By the way, can't you put some clothes on, I mean I don't swing that way you know." Nina teased. I laugh at her joke and went over to my closet and pulled out a pair of cotton pants and a big t-shirt.

"Happy?" I asked as I poke my tongue out. Nina laughed and we quickly caught up with each other on what we missed out during our time apart. It seems Nina was to get married to the Alpha of her current pack, but he found his mate and marry her instead. We sat down on the ground talking for hours about mates and marriage like we use to do in high school.

"Oh Scar, I just want to fine my mate. So I can rub it in Nates face! And I want him to love me like am the the only girl in the world. Just like Rihanna." I laughed at her statement which was hilarious.

"What about you Scar bear? Any luck with Mr. Right yet?" I wasn't ready to tell anybody about my mate just yet so I just nod my head. "Oh baby, when you do you will be happy and you will be glowing like the sun has no effect on you." I chuckle at her cheesy line.

"Haha, you always have the most corny lines, you know that?" We then heard my mum calling for dinner. "Dinner time. I better change in something more appropriate. I'll see you downstairs in a short while, okay?" I reassured her.

"Just hurry up. I'm starving." Nina said brushing off her summer dress. She looked at herself in the mirror before leaving to go down stairs.

I went through my closet again and found a summer dress like Nina's. It was of a peach color and strapless, it was short and flirty. It was really cute. I reached for my white open toe wedge heel and let out my hair. I glance at my appearance in the mirror before going down stairs.

I reach the dinner time table within minutes and quickly noticed that Pierce wasn't there. I sat beside Nina as she gave me a compliment on my dress. I told her thanks and my parents conducted dinner with light conversations and red wine.

After Maria cleared the table. I'd ask about Pierce whereabouts and dad said he sent him on an errand, pack related of course. With him being the new Alpha and all. Nina and I went back to my room when she said "Let's go out." I checked my phone and see it was just after nine. Shit.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked.

"A club. Any club around here?" Nina asked sitting up in the bed now.

"Not near the pack. But there is one on Bombay Street called Club
876. It's the hit thing now." I told her. Which was true. I never got the chance to check it out because I was either busy or didn't have anybody to go with. Nobody likes a brash-always-speak-your-mind kinda girl.

"So shall we get ready or what? It's been awhile since I dance anyway." Nina said as she rummaged through my closet. Luckily for us we were the same size. After an hour of putting our outfits together, Nina came out of the bathroom in a pair of dark demin skinny jeans, with a pair of black of heels, with a black mesh top revealing her pierce navel. Her hair was let out in a wave of curls, make up lightly done and to top it off with a pair of smokey eyes with red lipstick.

"You look fab Scar!" Nina gushed at my outfit. I had on the same pair of dark demin jeans like Nina but with rips on the thighs, with a pair of red pumps and a red spaghetti strap top revealing my smooth tummy. Make up lightly done but a bright red lipstick adorned my lips. My straight hair simply framing my face.

"Thanks babe. Ready?" I asked.

"Hell yeah, let's go!" Nina and I made our way out my bedroom door picking up our phones and purses and my car keys. We headed down stairs and out the door. I pushed my key in my black Audi opening the passenger side for Nina. I start the car bringing the engine to life. We headed out the pack territory and onto Bombay street to Club 876.