XXIV

Last Time On The Forgotten Mage:

He craned his head around, his widened black eyes spotting his ultimate weapon piercing a blade through him. He rolled those sable eyes before looking forward once again, moving his hands to touch the blade on his chest, blood slowly coating his clothes. He pulled it back, not able to move it a centimeter before it began traveling down his chest.

"Ah..." Kuro inhumanly tilted his head and glared at Felicia with his beady eyes. "May the battle begin."

Dedicated to GraceLee357. The story will resume now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladened with a sleeveless golden top, white armor covered her chest, raising to wrap around her neck. Each arm was decked with a strong bracer, her right ending on her upper arm with spikes. The girl's legs were covered all the way up to her thighs, a leathery, navy material covering the parts the cuisse couldn't reach. Wrapping around her waist were spikes wrapped in rope, surrounding and covering her waist. From under the weapons, a sheer cloth with silver embroidery flowed out, reaching just inches from her ankles.

Instead of the blood stained hair, the whiteness of the girl's hair had returned and from each side of her head sprouted wings. A tapered sword was in her hands, the end ending with a rounded curve. Even so, Felicia held it with pride as both her hands were wrapped around the hilt, the blade raised and ready.

  She taken one hand from the hilt and raised it, a sudden force sending Kuro and his body to the far wall, cracks being left.

"Ah... You could've been more nicer than that..." he said, getting back on his feet and dusting away the debris left on him.

Kuro reached behind his back, a dark grin on his face as he pulled out his own sword, Magjry.

Erza gasped at this, her eyes following the form of the sword. Magjry, the sword in the books. It was supposed to be a fable—a lie to the world. Hell, even the author of the book claimed its existence not real.

Here it is though, solid and true right in front of them, the sword that could slice all.

"This'll be a piece a cake! Isn't that what you humans say...?" Kuro wandered off in his thoughts, a look of confusion on his face before it was shaken off and replaced by a carefree smile. "Who cares! You're all gonna die anyway!" He leaped towards Felicia, raising Magjry above his head and slamming it down. Powerful forces whipped out from the two battlers, large masses of wind exploding and hitting everyone to their knees.

As the dust evaporated, all that was left were the opposing sides still in stance and clenching their teeth, not one of them seeming to gain a lead.

"Tch, stubborn aren't ya?" Another wave of force. "Well I am too." Kuro applied even more pressure onto Magjry, dangling his power in front of the girl as he forced her shield around her own sword to bend.

Felicia sent another hand up, a ball swirling with power leaving her hand as she threw it at Kuro, ending their clashing as she then jumped away.

A cloud of smoke exploded and everyone's vision was blinded of the battlefield. A glare from the sun shown off a blade through the smoke and another loud sound of clashing was made after.

It kept going on like this, the two sides separating and constantly meeting. A few spells were casted at one another but each was deflected and missed—the building slowly decaying in seconds.

"We need to get out..." Jura lowly said, watching as crumbs fell from the ceiling. He looked around at his fellow allies, some were still entranced but others were looking around, seeming to find an exit. Once he spotted the bright red hair of the requip mage, he yelled for her. "Erza!"