XVII

Last Time On The Forgotten Mage:

Felicia ran through the deep tunnels she had grown so used to before. Darkness surrounded her but that didn't stop her sprint. She had memorized the paths and knew where the ending of the labyrinth was; and it was there that she was going to have to fight.

A flash of bright light made the white-haired flinch and immediately close her blue eyes shut. But still, she sprinted on. She swiftly took out her one of her swords and held it in front of her diagonally, ready to kill at any given moment.

The temperature had dropped dramatically as she walked on foreign grounds. The light was even bright but her eyes had long ago adjusted. At the center of it all, was the master, Shiro.

Her former master.

Dedicated to rosascarzz. The story will resume now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

Shiro allowed a cruel smile to run across his face as he met those familiar cold eyes.

"Felicia! Glad that you can join the party... But another guest shall be visiting very soon!" Shiro looked down at the magic circle he was encased in, finding the engraved words circling around him slowly lighting up. It was then she realized what was happening.

"What the- Shiro! SHIRO! YOU BETTER NOT F-"

"Ah ah ah! Cursing was never your thing Fel-chan~!" Shiro sang, moving his finger back and forth. His legs were disappearing.

"NO! SHIRO! YOU SHOULDN'T-" Felicia covered her fave with her arms as the light from the magic circle blinded her. She couldn't help but allow curses to escape her lips. Another promise broken.

As the light faded into nothingness, the requip mage lowered her arms and watched as the fog dissipated, revealing the silhouette of the familiar Shiro.

A chill suddenly resonated through the room, freezing anyone in the building for a split second. A bloodthirsty beast was amongst them.

Felicia's eyes widened at the familiar aura and immediately, her body reacted to going down on one knee, her head bent. She bit her lip in aggravation.

Boots echoed on the floor as Shiro made his way towards the white-haired. As his figure became even more apparent to those in the room, several cowered in fear and many flinched at his familiar presence. The demons and spirits invisible to the naked eye quickly escaped for they wished to not experience the wrath of Death once again.

Straining her head, Felicia attempted to glare at Shiro. No. No longer can she call this man Shiro.

His appearance becoming even more visible, the fog had finally dissipated enough for her to see no longer was Shiro of this world but a beast replacing him.

Long black hair ran down his back and his goggles were no longer around his eyes but had been crushed. Deep red symbols marked his once pure face and a golden ring was now surrounding his pupil. A demon.

"Kuro," she spat, immediately bowing her head as she could no longer go against the powerful force. His black boots stopped in front of her and she heard the crinkling of clothes before she found his face near her own. Too close was he.

"Hello Felicia. Been a while, has it not?" She could only grit her teeth as his disgusting voice echoed in her ears.

"Yes, it has been. So I wonder, what have you been up to my dear." With a flick of his wrist, Felicia's head swung forward and his fingers delicately touched her forehead. His eyes flowed a deep red as he looked into her memories.

"Ah ah ah, you've been quite a bad girl I see..." A chuckle escaped his lips as he slowly took his hand away, covering them with black gloves. "But that will change now that I am here," he said with a sly grin. Using all her strength, Felicia could only utter the word, "Kuro."

He looked down at her quizically. "Yes! Yes! My name is Kuro! It is not like I have forgotten throughout these many years that I've been kept hidden..." Felicia rolled her eyes at his sarcastic nature.

"Getting to the point! Do you understand why I am here?" The force holding her from speaking uplifted.

"To bring me back-"

"Bing bong! Correct! And I will ask, why have you escaped?" A serious expression overcame his features as he looked intently at the mage.

"For freedom-" Kuro laughed out loud at this.

"Freedom?! You?! You are more funnier than I thought dear Felicia!" Even more giggles escaoed through his lips before hos expression turned sadistic. "You can never escape from your savior dear mage. The rules of rebirth does not work like that." She only scowled at his remark.

"And I know you are there! Come out now as I explain to you who this girl is truly." Felicia, finding her restrains uplifted, immediately turned towards the sound of boots.

Her friends—or those who used to.

Each had an unreadable expression, there emotions locked away as they approached the two. All bowed.

"It is of our honor to once again be of your presence, Emperor Kuro Qi Lien-"

"Cut it with the formalities! And we all know that it is ex-Emperor, need I remind you that such use of the word is forbidden in my presence?" Kuro glared at Mira who bowed her head shamefully, not able to meet his gaze.

"But that is not where the fun is! I am sure you all are curious of my words, are you not?" All shook there head. Kuro nodded in approval.

"Well! Might you sit down for a cup of tea everyone as I do love telling long stories." With a snap of a finger, a table of sweets and tea fell from the ceiling as well as a set of chairs surrounding it. Everybody had taken a seat.

"I do hope you all are feeling chamomile today, I find it rather soothing, right Felicia?" The mage nodded, flinching as the teapot filled her cup.

"Now! To our story of how our dear Felicia came to be..." Setting his elbows on the table, the Master placed his chin on top of his laced fingers and grinned.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I asked my friend and she chose to end it in a pause SO DON'T BLAME ME (and yes, I HAVE FRIENDS)

Very early update too... And it seems like I work better early in the morning xD

~CBN