XIX

Last Time On The Forgotten Mage:

"Where could they have gone..." Kuro mumbled, tapping his chin. With a wave of his hand, the table was replaced with a wired outline of a half circle, an orb seemingly floating inside of it. The lights were dimmed and the unoccupied chairs disappeared while the rest changed in design and color. Dark wine plush and charcoal black wood as well as a lace design.

"Now let's watch the play unfold before us..."

As every show must have, a delicate yet powerful beginning—an introduction that leaves an impression on the audience and yet still leaves them waiting and anticipating for more.

Dedicated to my friend who helped me slightly :3 She has no wattpad but yeah, I'M CALLING YOU OUT EMI. Image on the side is Mira. The story will resume now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erza led the remaining people on a search to find Shiro, leading them through twists and turns. Even as she knew they were lost, her determination did not burn off.

"Erza... I think that we should-" A sudden rumble from the ground interrupted Rufus, making everyone pause in their tracks. Looking around, they found no source.

"We should probably take this-" Rocks fell from above and the ground rumbled with more force, a large crack seemingly separating the group.

"GOD DAMMIT STING! ROGUE! GAJEEL! JURA! ARE YOU GUYS OKAY?" Erza cried out. Everything had settled but the group was split into two now.

"WE'RE FINE ERZA. JUST GO ON. WE'LL TAKE ANOTHER ROUTE," Jura replied, sensing immediately a malicious aura. This had to have been planned. The walls were too stable for something like this to just accidentally happen.

"So, should we back track and go on a different path?" Gajeel asked, looking around suspiciously. He expected for an attack any time now.

"Yeah, that'll be the best choice," Rogue agreed, already making his way back. The rest followed him, an unsettling atmosphere being set as they traveled further away from their original group.

Gajeel felt daggers being glared at him. And yet, when he looked around, he could only find his companions. He sniffed the air and still, nothing was different.

"Is there something wrong, Gajeel?" Jura asked, noticing the dragon slayer's restlessness.

"I feel like we're being spied on... But there's no scent in the air..." Gajeel muttered, take another whiff. Sting and Rogue did the same too, finding nothing but dust filling their nostrils as well as the familiar scent of each other.

Jura mulled over the fact, looking around at the positioning of the rocks and the creation of the path. His eyes widened as he finally noticed a change in the air.

"WATCH OUT!" he yelled, watching as a wall exploded. The dragon slayers quickly reacted, able to jump out of the way.

"Ah~ Seems like you avoided it! Pout." Through the dust of the collapsed rocks, a silhouette of a female was found. Her heels clicked loudly and it appeared that she held no weapons.

As her silhouette became more clearer, it was then obvious that she held a weapon. Strapped across her body and protruding from her back was a bag of dark colored arrows. Held between her fingers was a dark bow, long with a simple design. However, upon closer inspection, the bow was made of metal rather than wood. The most shocking fact was that it could bend. But, it shouldn't be that big of deal. They were living in a world where magic exists, this was to be expected.