XXIII

Last Time On The Forgotten Mage:

Eyes covered by his dark bangs, a contorted smirk had graced his countenance. "Being alive when she has died."

The story will resume now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fluttering her eyes open, the blond celestial spirit mage allowed her eyes to adjust before lifting her head. Her still blurry eyes scanned the room, finding familiar mages around as well as those who were not.

"Lucy?" She turned at the mention of her name, catching a pinkette staring at her intensely, his eyes an unreadable brown.

"Natsu..." A hoarse cough replaced her next words, the sound echoing the room and shattering the silence.

Eyes turned to look at the pair, following their instincts as they still kept processing the information. "Natsu!!" Happy screamed, flying towards the dragon slayer.

"Happy!" he cried out, smiling at his exceed but then going back to caring for the celestial mage.

"Where's Wendy?" Erza asked, looking around for a short bluenette. But already was the sky dragon slayer walking towards the group, a determined look on her face.

"Natsu! Set her down on the pillar..." Natsu did as told, gently laying the mage down and hesistantly moving away from her, grasping one of her hands as he crouched beside her, Happy next to him. Wendy kneeled down next to the blond, holding her hands out as she began to concentrate. A soft green glow had appeared on the palm of her hands, signaling that the healing process had started.

"My oh my, what could have happened to the girl..." Kuro trailed off, a look of interest in his face as he eyed the group. Natsu snarled as he turned his head, glaring eyes aimed right for the demon lord. Before he could snap at the brunette, Erza had cut in.

"What has happened to Felicia...?" Erza asked, a determined look on her face as she stared holes to the demon. Arching a brow, he looked curiously over at the now red tinted-haired mage, taking in her appearance with a thoughtful expression.

"She is... a demonized fallen angel...?" he thought aloud, furrowing his brows at his own words. "But! Looks don't matter here, does it? After all, as the saying goes for you beings, 'Don't judge a book by its cover', right? Like how that lil shrimp over there—" he points at Wendy, "—looks like she can't hurt a fly but look at her now! Healing someone in the battleground!"

"So... this precious little doll here has been... lying to you guys in a way! What a bittersweet way to an end a friendship... by having you all killed." Kuro crookedly grinned before Felicia flew straight towards them.

Erza reflexively requipped, bringing her two shields from the Adamantine armor up to protect the mages behind her. She gritted her teeth at a sudden impact.

However, strings wrapped in magic went over the shield, capturing her arms and legs in a grip before forcing them out and away from one another as the mage dangled in the air. Below her was the monotone angel. She glared down at the girl.

"Felicia! Snap out of it!" she yelled out, attempting to wriggle free. The mage gave her no response. Erza growled and requipped, able to destroy the strings that kept her in place as she was then in her Blumenblatt armor. Landing on the ground, she pointed a sword at the winged mage and sharply re-adjust it so that it reflected her face.

"I will free you, Felicia," she claimed, bringing the sword to be clasped by her other hand before bending down and dashing towards the girl. As she was only meters away from the enemy, the requip mage changed directions, deflecting the soft blow that was to block her before sprinting straight on to Kuro. He wasn't fazed however, a smirk clear on his face.