xxii.

xxii. under the willow tree

— • —

"I hate you Louis!" I groaned. Just moments before I had been in a peaceful sleep, swimming in the Caribbean Sea. I had been woken up by a constant buzzing coming from my phone. The notifications were coming from twitter. A few minutes ago Louis had tweeted 'Happy 20th Birthday @RoseRedwood ! X' and that had caused me to get all these notifications from directioners wishing me a happy birthday.

"You really don't" Louis chuckled from the other side of the thin wall that stood between my bunk and his.

"Happy birthday Rose!" I heard Niall say. I refused to open my curtains.

I felt someone knock on my bunk from below. "Does that mean the bow stays in the case?" Harry asked

"Yes Harry. It's Louis that should be worried now." I sighed and delved deeper into my covers, trying to ignore my phone buzzing away besides me.

"C'mon Rose no time to sleep today! We have plans!" Louis sounded like he was standing outside my bunk.

"Go away" I muttered.

"I'm sorry but that doesn't compute." Louis pushed open my curtains put his arms around my waist, dragging me out of my bed.

"Hey! Put me down Louis!" I had no control over where I was going and Louis held onto me tight. Leaning out of their bunks, everyone else was laughing.

"Happy Birthday Rose!" They all cheered.

"I hate birthdays." I muttered. Louis still held onto me as he walked towards the stairs. The reason why I never enjoyed birthdays is that I was the centre of attention. Most people don't even care about you most days but on your special day they all acted like your best friend. "Why are you taking me downstairs?" I asked Louis, contemplating if I should chew myself free of his grip or not.

"To get dressed and ready! Like I said, busy day." He let me go when we were at the bottom of the steps.

"My clothes are upstairs Lou." I sighed

"No there not. Go look in the bathroom." He pointed in the direction of the bathroom and I stared at him sceptically for a few moments before walking towards the small bathroom. I closed the door and turned around to see a fancy looking shopping bag sitting on the vanity.

"I HATE YOU LOUIS!" I shouted

"No you don't" I heard Louis laugh.  I sighed and opened the bag to find everything I needed in there.

"Please tell me Louis didn't go lingerie shopping." I picked up a new bra out of the bag. Yep. It looks as if he did go shopping for everything. I am going to kill him when I find out how he knows all my sizes.

Turns out Louis is not a bad clothes shopper so I got changed into the new outfit. In the bag was a dress that looked like something I would have designed. I wonder if he got it out of irony? After I was happy with my outfit I put on some makeup and checked the bag one more time. There was even a nice new pair of shoes in the bottom of the bag.  I exited bathroom to find that everyone was milling downstairs and they all turned to face me.

"You look really pretty." Niall said sweetly.

"Aww thanks Niall." I smiled at him.

"Did you make the dress?" Harry asked me. It looks like he wasn't clueless to my style.

"No." I said threw gritted teeth, "Louis went... shopping."

Louis grinned at me and I shot him a glare. Next to me, Liam stood up and walked to the kitchen area, I hadn't noticed that he was wearing a chef's hat. "Who wants pancakes?"