xvi.

xvi. come with us

— • —

Almost a month had passed since I met all of One Direction for the second time. I had become friendlier towards them and they all seemed to like me. So I guess that is a plus? I had been spending a lot of time with Louis. We had a whole year and a bit to catch up on so there was a lot to talk about. It felt natural to be around Louis again, it felt like I was home. Some days if he had some spare time or nothing to do he came around to the shop to see me. On some occasions, he brought along Harry but after the second visit from Harry, I ended up throwing him out of my store because he kept calling me Rosy. Whoops.

The start of June, many of my regulars asked for swimwear. Since it was my first summer with the shop, I struggled with both the customer's eclectic tastes and the materials. But in the end, I made some pretty decent swimwear that everyone enjoyed and loved to wear.

— • —

Today was a miserable Monday morning. The sky was a never-ending grey and heavy rained poured from the sky. It felt like late Autumn instead of early Summer and instead of summer clothing, I had to wear a jumper and jeans. Business was slow today, actual clients were few and far between. Most of the store's visitors were locals who just needed somewhere warm to escape the relentless rain. I was lounging in one of the chairs at the front of the store reading the latest issue of Vouge when I figure outside caught my attention. I placed my magazine on the coffee table and squinted so I could see who it was in the think veil of rain. I watched as the black cloaked figure briskly walked towards my shop and bounded up the front steps. I watched as he quickly entered, slamming the door behind him.

"Louis?" I asked the black cloaked figure at the door. An old woman pushed past him to exit the store and his sunglasses fell off as he narrowly avoided the old lady.

"Why were you running in the rain? And why are you dressed like a private detective?" I hopped up and grabbed his drenched coat so I could out it on the small radiator next to my desk.

"Paparazzi." He was breathing heavily, "They were brutal. They just didn't give up so I had to disguise myself."

"Well it worked." I laughed while making sure that pools of water did not form around the radiator. "Did any get to this street?" I didn't mind paparazzi but I wasn't in the mood with nosy photographers looming around my shop.

"Nope. They think I am in a café. There was this guy with red jeans on so I followed him until he turned into a café. After that I turned a corner or two and came here" Louis was still short of breath as he fell into the chair I was just sitting in. "Vogue?" He asked while flipping through the pages, putting his feet on the coffee table just like I did a few minutes ago.

"What about it?" I asked while snatching the magazine and sitting in the seat opposite him.

"Busy?" He questioned looking around the store.

"Not really. No potential customers." I sighed, a few girls mingled around the back of the store looking at my small swimwear collection.

"Well that's great then!" Louis chirped.

"I can't close up shop and spend the afternoon with you if that's what you're asking." I sighed, both Louis and Harry had tried to drag me out of my boutique during work hours quite a few times.

"Well kind of that but not really." Louis said slowly, biting his lip.

"What do you mean?" I asked, looking confused.

"You know the little tour that I'll be going on for the next eight weeks?" He asked just to make sure I remembered.

"Yeah of course I know about that Lou." I rolled my eyes. "What about it?"

"Well the boys and I have been talking and we all like you a lot. I mean you're my best friend and Harry classes you as a friend. Niall thinks you're a great laugh, you interest Zayn and Liam finds you entertaining."

"Yeah what about it?" I was worried about where this was going.

"Well after running it past management to make sure it's alright we have made a decision. Rose we would like you to come on tour with us!" Louis did the ta-da pose and my jaw dropped to the floor.

"WHAT???" I was shocked.

"Well ―" Louis was cut off by screams. I snapped my head around to the back of the store to see the cluster of girls squealing with excitement.

"OMG IT'S LOUIS! IT'S ACTUALLY LOUIS!" The short blonde screamed as she ran towards us. Her friends followed suit.

"Uh I guess I have deal with some fans. But Rose, think about my offer, I'll be back in a few minutes." Louis then hopped up and casually walked over to the fans. I smiled as the blonde one started crying. I guess I would have done that if the circumstances were different. I didn't pay attention to what he was doing with his fans. Instead I focused on what he was offering. Two months on tour with the hottest boy band in the world. To be honest it was on my bucket list. But if this was a different time and I was in a different job I could have come to terms with Louis' offer but I just couldn't. I had a job, my own business. My customers were the ones who payed me, I was my employer and my employee. If I shut up shop for two months I would regret it. But if I didn't go on the tour I would also regret it.

"Well?" Louis asked once the screaming girls had left the shop a few minutes later. He sat down in the seat opposite next to me and leaned forward.

"I don't know Louis." I sighed, already regretting my word choice.

"What do you mean Rose?" He frowned.

"Well my only source of money is my customers. If I shut up shop for eight weeks then I can't guarantee I'll have them when I come back."

"Nonsense. You're customer's love your style and you are the only person who can make your style." he paused for a few moments, "When we do our London shows you will be able to come back and make sure everything is all right."

I sighed and leaned back into my chair, "Why do you make everything so hard?"

"I don't Rose. You're the one who procrastinates."

I stuck my tongue out at him and frowned.

Louis took a breath, taking a new approach. "If you won't come because I'm asking then come because We are asking. Come with us Rose. Come on tour with One Direction. Have the time of your life and live with four chaotic teens and one adult."

"You're not an adult Louis. You have the mentality of a five year old."

Louis stuck his tongue out at me and made his eyes go cross-eyed. "So what about it?"

I thought for a while. Did I really want to do it? Would it change my life? Is it what I really want? "Yes" I whispered.

"What? Really!" Louis sounded shocked but his face told me otherwise. "Yay Im so glad you said yes!"

"I better not regret it." I muttered, standing up.

"Don't worry Rose." Louis stood up with me and bundled me up into a hug, "You won't regret it."