ix.

ix. arguments & a certain ginger

— • —

"Jen it's not what you think!" Louis stated as he broke away from my arms.

"What does it look like then? Did you two get stuck together with superglue?" Jenna snarled glaring at both of us.

"It really isn't what you think!" I insisted, taking a step towards her.

"You barely know each other. What did you think Rose? Did you think that just because you made him an outfit that he would beg you to marry him?"

I hissed and clenched my fist, testing my will power not to punch her.

"Jenna..." Louis said slowly, "Do you remember me telling you about my best friend?"

Jenna stopped for a few moments before nodding, not taking her eyes off me.

"Well you see Rose is that best friend I was talking about. Until a week ago I hadn't seen her for over a year. It was a friendly hug and nothing else." Louis was urgently trying to fix this situation. He unfortunately wasn't making much difference.

Jenna gasped and then walked up to me, her face inches from mine. "It was you!" She hissed, "You were the one that punched my boyfriend. HOW. DARE. YOU!" Her words finished in a screech.

Louis stood next to me, pushing Jenna away from me. "I deserved it Jen." He sighed, his patience was wearing thin.

Jenna pushed Louis' hand away from her and she breathed heavily "You did this to me Rose! If you didn't show up to my party, Louis would have said that he loved me!"

"That's not true Jenna." Louis whispered, his eyes were glued to his shoes.

Jenna snapped her head to face Louis. "What. Did. You. Just. Say?"

"I don't love you Jenna." Louis whispered slowly.

"It's because of her isn't it?" Jenna asked in a squeaky voice.

"I may be part of the reason Jenna" I butted in smoothly, "But it was Lou's choice. If he's not ready for that type of relationship then you should be ok with it" I paused for a few moments, "Louis is the type of guy you wait for..."

Louis stared at me as if I had just grown wings. Jenna looked as if she was about to burst into tears. Most of her mascara had already smudged. I sensed that the fragile couple needed alone time so I curtsied and said "It sounds as if Ed just finished so I'm going inside to try and get a photo with him." I then walked away, not letting either of them reply.

— • —

When I entered the hall again I spotted Harry straight away. He rushed over to me and raised his eye browns in anticipation of what had happened. "So....?"

I shrugged, "Louis and Jenna need to have some alone time. I only came in because Ed finished." I smiled, "If the only good thing that comes out of tonight is me meeting Ed then I will be a very happy camper."

"Ok then Rose. If everything is fine then I'll go back to having fun." Harry tried to smile but even he could tell something was up.

"Well I would love to stay and chat with you Harry but I'm off Ed Hunting." I laughed and waved to Harry. It seemed as if Ed was the only red haired person in the hall so he wasn't hard to spot. I found him sitting at a table in the now deserted dining area. He looked up straight away and smiled as I approached him.

"Hello Miss." He half smiled causing me to bit my lip and chuckle.

"Call me Rose." I replied, "Mind if I sit with you for a few moments? I have no one to talk to."

"Fine by me Rose." Ed said as I sat down next to him, "You were standing at the front of the stage earlier. Are you a fan?"

"A big one." I answered gleefully, "I absolutely love your music, it's perfect."

"Well thank you." He nodded before taking a sip from his wine glass.

"This is going to look weird to other people but is it alright if I get a photo with you? Oh and an autograph as well"

"Of course Rose. I never turn down a fan." Ed smiled and I reached into my purse for my phone. I quickly took a few photos with him because you know what they say, it's always safe to have more than one.

"Do you have anything particular you want me to sign?" Ed asked after we finished posing for photos.

"Yeah I have my phone case. It's plain white but the material will  never rub off Sharpie."

"Interesting place for a signature." Ed chucked as I handed him a sharpie from my purse.

"I have a question," he said halfway through signing my phone.

"What is it?"

"How did you get to sit next to me tonight?"

"Well I'm Jenna's, Louis' and Harry's designer. Jenna felt as if I should come tonight to celebrate with her. I'm glad she invited me." I grinned and Ed handed me my phone back. "I guess I should let you get back to drinking your wine. Um it was great to meet you and watch you live!"

"I love the dress." Ed said as I stood up to leave.

"Thanks, a lot of people have said that tonight." I walked away feeling as light as air. There were a thousand things I wished I said to him but that little meeting was enough. I walked around the hall feeling complete and happy. I tried to block out what happened between Louis, Jenna and I but no matter what I tried to think of, the situation at hand kept creeping back to me.

"At least you didn't get thrown out by security." Harry grinned as he appeared next to me with a wine glass.

"I'm not thirsty Harry." I sighed and Harry shrugged, awkwardly holding the glass.

"I thought you would be happy after meeting one of your idols."

"I am. On the inside I'm dying but I just want to get this night over and done with."

"Do you want me to call a cab?" Harry asked it was sweet of him that he was trying to help.

"That is the best question I have heard all night."