xviii.

xviii. more than this

— • —

Two days. It has been two days and the bus was already a pigsty. Even though I was a bit slack when it came to my apartment I had an excuse. No one visited me... so it was alright to have a pile of clothes on the floor. But this... this was chaos and a junkyard mixed into one. We had eaten Nando's last night and the takeaway bags were still out on the table. The boys had unpacked and instead of putting clothes back in their suitcase or hanging their clothes on a coat hanger, they decided to make the floor their wardrobe.

"Who's is this?" I asked with disgust. On my freshly made bunk there was someone's dirty underpants. "I mean I only went downstairs for a minute and already there's a mess on my bed."

"Uh sorry Rose." Harry said nervously from behind me, "I must have left them on your bunk." Harry smiled and picked up his underwear. I just glared at him until he disappeared into the lounge area.

"Someone's a bit cranky today." Louis yawned as he poked his head out from his bunk next to me. I just glared at him before climbing into my bunk and closing the curtains.

"Wait! Rose, what's wrong?" Louis asked, I heard him jump from his bunk before poking his head into mine.

"Filth." I stated, "I've always lived with other females. I'm not used to having five guys living like normal guys in the same 'house' as me."

"Aww don't worry. We do clean up... sometimes. Niall is pretty slack in the food department though and Harry does tend to leave his clothes lying around."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Well if you only brought me along so you could have a maid then you asked the wrong girl."

Louis chuckled, "I don't expect you to clean our messes. Now come out from here and enjoy the cloudy Cardiff day!"

I rolled my eyes and pushed him away from my bunk. I jumped down onto the floor, being careful not to jump on Harry's growing pile of clothes.

"What are your plans while you are in Cardiff?" I asked Louis

"Oh well you know... watch TV until we have to do sound check." He then skipped over to the lounge area where Harry and Zayn were sitting.

"Typical." I muttered.

— • —

"Stand on stage with us!" Niall called out to me from on top of the venue's stage. They were halfway through sound check when a technical error had occurred so they had to stop singing. They looked awkward standing on stage with nothing to do.

"I'm fine Niall." I called back to him, I was sitting in the very back corner of the venue. They looked like tiny people from up here.

"C'mon Rose" Zayn said into his microphone. For some reason technical hadn't cut his microphone off from the circuit. "Have you ever been on a stage like this before?"

I sat for a few moments before standing up and slowly walking through the aisles until I got to the stage. Zayn was right. I had never been on a proper stage. It would be a first for me. When I walked up onto it I smiled, the view from here was amazing.

"Now imagine the seats full of screaming teenagers, flashes dotting the crowd with the occasional poster in the blackness." Louis was standing near me. I just looked at him and shrugged. "Rose, you have to close your eyes." I scowled at Louis before closing my eyes and imagining thousands of adoring fans screaming my name.

"Hey Rosy is grinning for once!" Harry joked from across the stage. My eyes flickered open and I turned to face Harry.

"If you call me that again I will walk onto the stage during the show and strangle you." I hissed