xx.

xx. welcome home

— • —

Around a month had passed in the tour but I had lost track of the days so I couldn't pinpoint what the exact date was. Since the mischief Louis caused in Cardiff, Michelle had made sure that Louis always stayed back stage unless she told him to go elsewhere in the venues. I noticed that after around eight shows I had gotten bored of watching the same performance again and again. I had watched from side stage, at the front and in the bio box but after eight shows I decided to hang out with production in the greenroom. I got to admit, it was pretty relaxing when you could feel the songs threw the wall but didn't have to contend with screaming fans.

Miss Rivers had only rung me once when we were in the southern part of England. She wanted a gown for a summer ball. Since she was in driving distance I happily spent a few days in the bus making her gown. Miss Emily Rivers said that the drive was worth the dress and she kept me company one afternoon when the band had gone down to the seaside without me. Michelle said that it was for my sake and that she didn't want paparazzi making speculations about me.

On this certain day we were travelling, I hadn't bothered to ask where we were going because I liked being surprised by the interesting places management chose for concerts. Sun shone brightly in the sky and the motorway was pothole free which meant a smooth ride. All six of us were lounging in the large lounge area on the second floor when Harry's voice broke the almost silent atmosphere.

"South Yorkshire!" Harry exclaimed. "Isn't this the area you grew up in Louis?"

"What?" Louis looked almost asleep as he sat up and peered out the window. "Oh yeah it is Yorkshire!" He then turned to me, "Rose, I forgot to tell you that we'll be performing in Doncaster."

"Oh really." I stood up and peered out the window. "Wow it feels weird to be home."

"Will we have a rest day?" Niall asked. He was gently strumming his guitar on the floor next to me.

"We have today's travelling day, a rest day and then we have a concert on Saturday." I seemed as if Louis had memorized the whole tour schedule.

"What's the date today?" Zayn asked us. He was lying on the rug near the bunks.

"It's the –" Louis began before turning to me and mouthing "oh".

"19th of July" Liam finished Louis' sentence. I understood why Louis had stopped mid-sentence. Tomorrow was my 20th birthday. To be honest I never really liked birthdays and I avoided celebrating them if I could.

"You two looked shocked." Harry pointed to Louis and I.

 I just smiled at Harry. "Oh it's nothing Harry."

"Something's up." Niall chirped. "C'mon, Louis what is it?"

"It's really nothing." Louis said as the bus jolted to a stop.

"CRAP!" Zayn wasn't expecting the bus to stop and he rolled backwards into the back of the lounge.

"You alright Zayn?" Liam chuckled, peering behind the lounge.

"I'm fine Liam. It's not the first time it has happened." Zayn chuckled, he was half under the lounge.

— • —

One by one the boys left the lounge area to explore what was outside of the bus. Harry was still curious about what was happening tomorrow but both Louis and I kept our mouths shut. When Louis was the last to leave he walked up to me and shrugged. I went to open my mouth to say something but Louis placed an index finger on my lips so I wouldn't say anything.

"Shhh Rose. I promise I won't tell anyone. If any of them work it out then don't blame me."

I scowled at Louis and pushed his finger away from my mouth. "If they find out about it I will kill you Louis Tomlinson."

He laughed and grabbed me by my shoulders. "You wouldn't kill me. Not if you told them first. Now I need to do a few things today but I promise that I'm all yours tomorrow."

"What do you mean by 'all yours tomorrow'?" I asked Louis curiously.

"Well I'm not letting your birthday go completely unnoticed. We are going to do something tomorrow." He winked and stepped away from me. "But not today Rose. Places to visit, people to see."

Well this was going to be interesting...