Chapter 13: Welcome to Laurens District High School

~*Edited to my liking*~

January 4 - First Day of School

"Sarah! Breakfast!"

"Hey. Pass the orange juice."

"Sarah!"

"Where do we get our schedules from?"

"I don't know."

"The office."

"Sarah Emily Argent! You come down here now! Or you're going to be late!"

"I can't!"

I run up the stairs to her room and find her . . . 

"Sarah?"

"Mommy, help me!"

By some miracle, Sarah got her arm stuck in one of the legs of her leggings. Her head was trapped in the sleeve of her shirt. And the rest of her leggings were tangled in her arms and legs.

"What happened?" I snort.

"I don't know!" 

I start to laugh, but I tried to hide it.

"Stop laughing! It's not funny!"

She scrunches her nose to show her angry face, but that only makes it funnier.

Jacob walks in.

"Hey, Em. Have you seen my--"

I look at him. He bursts out laughing from the sight of Sarah.

He pulls out his phone.

"I gotta take a picture."

"No!" Sarah starts to cry.

I grab Jacob before he can take a photo and throw him out. I close the door and lock it.

"Okay. Let's get this fixed." I giggle.

"Stop laughing mommy! It's not funny."

"I'm sorry baby, but how did you get your arm stuck in your leggings?" I laugh.

"I don't know." She sniffles.

After getting Sarah dressed, we headed downstairs and had our breakfast.

"We got everything?"

"Yup." Everyone says in unison.

"Let's go."

It was the first day of school for us. We left in two cars. I took my 2012 Dodge Challenger that I bought myself for Christmas. I also bought a 2006 Toyota Tacoma. I gave my parents' 2006 Chevy Tahoe to Jacob for Christmas. He's getting his license soon, so he'll need something to drive. Jamie has a 2010 Nissan Maxima. She got Michael a 2012 Chevy Silverado. Joey got a 2012 Honda Accord from her parents. They ordered her one over here in South Carolina. Anna is still waiting for her 2007 Honda Civic coupe to be shipped from California.

In my Challenger, I have Joey, Anna, and Sarah with me. Michael took Jamie and Jacob in his Silverado. 

Michael and the others were going to meet us at school, while I took Sarah to her school. We left a little early so that I can walk her to her class. When she was settled in, I gave her a kiss and wished her luck. I got back in my car and drove to our new high school. It wasn't that far from Sarah's elementary.

Michael was already parked and I parked my car right next to him. They were still in the car waiting for us. We haven't even gotten out of the cars and yet all the high school students, in the parking lot, were staring at us.