Chapter 22: It Looks Just Like Mommy's Fur

I decided to make this chapter into Sarah's POV. Thought you should have a small look into what happened to her. 

I'm thinking of making a sequel. So that means this story will be coming to an end. Probably a few more chapters. I'm also planning to have more POV's in that one. But it may be shorter than this one. Still working on it. 

Peace. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sarah's POV 

"You stupid little girl!!" 

I'm running. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?!!" 

I'm crying. 

"You will never see him again!" 

I can't breathe. 

"You will never see that mutt again." 

His words keep going through my mind. I try to wipe my tears but more keep coming out. 

I don't know what to do. I can't stay at home with him still in there. Mommy is going to be mad that I ran away. But I have to get to JuJu. I won't let Mikey hurt him. 

JuJu. Where are you? 

I reach a small river. I have to get to the other side, but it's too far for me to jump. There's only one thing I can do. 

Laying Squirt down next to me, I go down on my hands and knees. I think really hard on what I want to be. 

One by one my bones snap. It still hurts when I do it, but I cry less and less each time. My white fur starts to grow. It looks just like mommy's fur when she is a wolf. It was scary the first time. 

~*Flashback*~

I was at school and this boy in my class kept teasing me. He never left me alone. One day he grabbed my pigtail and said he was going to cut it off. I got mad and pushed him. I ran to the potty. I felt hot and my arms and legs hurt. Then a girl's voice was talking in my head. Hearing her made me feel a little safe because I was by myself. She told me to lay down and soon the pain will go away.

I really wanted mommy with me, but I didn't know where she was. A while later I got up. When I looked down, I saw paws instead of my hands. I had fur all over me, white fur. I walked to the sink and put my two front paws on it. It was hard because my legs were wobbly. The voice said that it was normal. Looking through the mirror, I saw a white wolf. It wasn't big like mommy, it was small. It was me. 

The voice said that this is her too. My blue eyes were shiny and I liked that. They made me think of JuJu and his blue eyes. I heard voices outside and hid behind one of the potty's. I was scared the people would hurt me. The girl said to think of me when I am human. So I did. It hurt again to change, but the girl talked to me and soon I was me again. 

After school, I waited on the swing for mommy to pick me up. I wanted to tell her, but I didn't know how. Maybe if I talked to JuJu first, he could help. Now I was excited. 

Before mommy came, the little boy, who was mean to me, sat in the swing next to me. His name is Danny.

I stayed quiet.

"Hi Sarah." He said.

"Hi Danny." I whispered.

"I . . . I'm sorry I was mean to you. And dat I was going to cut your hair." I looked at him and his head was down.

"It's okay." He glanced at me and I smiled at him. "Why are you mean to me?" I asked. 

He shrugged. "I don't know." 

"That's not a good answer Danny." 

"You're going to laugh at me." He whispered. 

"I won't. I promise." 

"When you get mad or sad, your eyes turn blue. A pretty blue. I like it." His cheeks turned red. 

"You like my eyes?" I didn't laugh. 

"They are blue like my grandpa. His eyes used to change blue too. But he died." His head goes down. 

"Oh. I'm sorry." I tell him. 

"It's okay." 

I heard a car honk. I looked up to see my mommy's car. I jumped off the swing and grab my backpack. Before I go, I turn around and kiss Danny's cheek. They turn red again. 

"Bye Danny." I smile.

"Bye Sarah." He smiles back. 

~*End of Flashback*~ 

I look down and see my paws again. Smiling I grab Squirt and jump on the first big rock. I can hear the girl again. She said I can call her Evie. 

Landing on the grass, I see that I made it across the river. I turn around and look at all the trees. JuJu was around here. I can still smell him. I go one way that smells like him. 

JuJu, I'm coming.

Sarah? 

JuJu! 

I can hear him. 

JuJu. Where are you? I want to see you. 

Sarah, where is mommy? 

She's at home. I ran away. 

What? Why? 

Mikey was being mean. He wants to hurt you. And . . . 

And what sweetie? Tell me. 

He hit me. I whispered. 

JuJu was quiet. 

JuJu? 

Where are you Sarah? 

I'm in the forest. I can smell you.

Sarah, stay there. I'm coming to get you. 

But-- 

No buts. Stay there. 

I hear something snap. I smell something new. 

JuJu? 

What is it baby? 

I think something is following me. 

What? 

Three big dogs pop out of the trees. They are not big like mommy and JuJu, but they're bigger than me.

Sarah?! Baby answer me. 

There's three big dogs here. 

JuJu, I'm scared. 

Hang on sweetie. I can smell you. I'm almost there. 

The dogs start walking to me. I stand in front of a tree. They growl at me. 

JuJu, hurry! 

I'm coming Sarah. 

One of the dogs start running to me. I don't know what to do. I start to cry. 

JuJu!! 

Sarah!! 

SARAH!! 

I hear a noise behind me. All of a sudden a white thing jumps over and lands in front of me. The big dog stops as it growls. 

MOMMY!!