Chapter 11: The Aftermath

~*Edited to my liking*~

Okay. So as I was writing the last chapter, I ended up putting complications in Emma's life with her pack. I didn't expect it to happen, but it did. This chapter will be a continuation of that problem, and hopefully the ending of it.

Here's a picture of Michael. -------------------------->>>>

**********************************************************************************************************

December 28

It was a week before school started. Students had to return on the 4th of January.

I went shopping for Sarah's school clothes and extra school supplies.

When I registered her for elementary, I had a little trouble telling them I was her mother. I found out the Sarah's school had werewolf families, so they kind of understood my situation. 

I've been keeping my distance from Michael and Jamie since the incident. I'm still a little mad.

~*Flashback*~

December 25

I head back downstairs and find Michael and Jamie in the living room, watching t.v.

Jamie puts some space between them when she sees me walking in. I can hear their hearts beating so fast. One sounded a bit abnormal. Or steady from its beat.

"What are you guys watching?"

I stand next to Michael. I can see them shifting in their seats. I'm making them very uncomfortable.

"Nothing. Just flipping channels."

Michael looks up at me, but quickly turns away when I look at him.

"Okay." I walk away and go to the kitchen.

I was getting hungry, so I wanted something to eat.

Just as I reach it, I hear Michael run after me.

"Emma, wait. I need to talk to you." I turn around to face him.

Michael always was good-looking. Even when he'd just get out of bed, he looked good. Michael is, I guess, you can say white. He has dark brown hair and brown eyes. Michael works out, but not as much as Joey. He has a medium build, but you can see his six-pack when he's shirtless. Like I said before, Michael has an beautiful smile. Whenever he smiles at Jamie, she blushes like crazy. It was kind of adorable seeing them together, but I still wonder what they're keeping from me.

"Are you mad at me?" He stops in front of me, with his sad looking face.

"What makes you think that?" 

I was a little mad that they didn't tell me, but I'm getting a little ticked that they're keeping something from me.

"I don't know if you are. You said we were going to talk about it, but you never did."

I walk toward the sink, putting the dishes from the counter in it.

"No worries. We're good."

For some reason, I lost my appetite, so I start walking out of the kitchen. Michael follows me.

"For a moment I thought you were going to kick me out or something." He chuckles.