Chapter 23: Pup of Two Alphas

Emma's POV 

The moment I smell Sarah outside, I jump out and shift mid-air. 

I let the others know she's gone. But I don't wait for them. I have to get to Sarah before anything happens to her. 

My paws are pounding on the ground. My heart rate is rising as I increase my speed. Her scent is infiltrating my nose. 

I'm coming Sarah. 

I reach the water bank. I don't stop to remember this place. I worry the water has washed away her scent. However there is a faint smell coming off a large rock on the shoreline. 

It's Sarah! She must've hopped on the boulders to get to the other side. But where could she be going? She's never gone this far. 

I jump over the stream and sniff out for Sarah. Her scent is stronger over here. She must've just left. 

Emma! 

Jason?! 

Emma, it's Sarah. She's in the forest. 

I know. I'm going after her. 

She told me what happened. I'm going to kill Michael. 

I growl. Not before I do.

I can smell her. 

Me too. 

Oh Shit! 

What it is?! 

She's not alone . . . 

WHAT?!!

There's three of them. 

How do you know? 

She told me. Emma we have to hurry. 

I'm almost there. Her scent is getting stronger. 

JuJu!! 

SARAH!! 

SARAH!! 

I see a little white dog crouching in front of a tree. In my mind I know that's Sarah, but I don't have time to ask. All I know is that my baby is in trouble.

Three large wolves are a few meters from her. A grey one begins running toward her. I jump over Sarah and land in front. The grey wolf halts from my surprise appearance. I growl menacingly at him and the other two.

They growl back.

MOMMY!!

It's okay sweetie. I'm here. I don't turn around toward her.

Never take your eyes off your enemy.

The grey wolf leaves his state of shock and runs toward me. I wait for him.

Just as he's about to reach me. I pivot to the right and ram him on his side. He goes flying to my left hitting the trunk of a tree. I turn back to the other two just as they near me.

Suddenly, they are both rammed to the side by a large black wolf.

Jason. 

Mommy! Daddy! Look out!

The two dogs Jason pushed get up and sprint toward us. I go for the one on the right as Jason gets the one on the left. 

I move under my victim and push him back as I bite into his stomach. He yelps out. I go for his neck and rip out his throat. No mercy for these mutts. 

I turn toward Sarah and see the third wolf go after her. I run too. But before I get there, a familiar dark grey wolf attacks him. 

Joey goes for his jugular that the grey wolf left open wide. 

Michael, Jacob and Anna arrive soon after. I growl at Michael, but I'm not the only one. Coming up behind me, Jason glares at Michael. 

Anna speaks up before we act. "Emma turn around."

Jason and I look behind us to see seven more wolves. They see the three dead bodies around us. Must've been friends of theirs. 

They snarl at us. 

Joey get in front of Sarah. Anna get on my right. Jacob get on Jason's right side. Michael . . . 

I can feel him looking at me, but I don't face him. 

Get on my left. 

Emma. No! 

We need him Jason. 

Michael you better not disappoint me here. 

"I won't." He replies. 

I hear twigs snapping to the right of us. Oh great more wolves. 

Wait, Emma. They're with me. 

Three wolves appear and flank Jason's right side. Jacob stands behind my right leg. One wolf, a light grey, stares at Joey. She stares back at him. 

Joey, what is it? 

One word comes out of her mouth. "Mate." 

This is really bad timing. 

Joey we don't have time for this right now. I need you to protect Sarah. You're the only one I trust her with. 

Joey turns away from her mate and takes her stance in front of Sarah. "Okay." 

I then notice her mate go to stand next to her. 

I told him to stand guard of Sarah. They'll both protect her. 

Okay. 

We all face the enemy. They make the first move. Jason and I run first. The others follow suit. I know my pack members are strong. Jason's three must be some of the best. I doubt he would call three random members to help save Sarah. My ice-green eyes are in full glow. As are Michael's ice-blue.

No one messes with an Alpha's pup.

Especially the pup of two Alphas. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

It's a short one but a new chapter nonetheless. I figured out how to punish Michael. That's why I'm taking so long. Thanks for waiting.