Chapter 25: Learn Not to Mess With Me Again

As we reach my backyard, Sarah runs back to Jason and I, leaving Joey and Chase to say their goodbyes. We remain at the tree line. It's gotten dark by now. We were in the forest longer than I thought.

"How do you think this is going to work for them?" Jason asks me.

I look over at the new couple. "Joey is my beta. I don't think I'll be able to let her go. Does Chase have any rank other than being your enforcer?"

"No he doesn't. Andrew is my beta."

"Andrew?" I ask. I just realize I never met his beta. And yet, he's met my family.

"Yeah. Andrew Pierce. He's been wanting to meet you for awhile now." He scratches the back of his neck. I nod my head.

"Do you think, if they decide to, Chase may be able to join your pack? I know my pack will be sad that he leaves, but I'm sure they will understand."

I think about what Jason is asking of me, but I don't know Chase, since I just met him today. Michael and Jamie's situation was different. She didn't belong to any pack. And because we had to get to Crosshill, we didn't have enough time to get to know her. I couldn't separate the couple.

With Chase, he doesn't live far. And this will give Joey time to be with him. And I'll be able to learn more about him.

"Chase seems nice." Sarah adds. "He looks at Joey, like Daddy looks at you all the time."

I do believe I've begun to blush. Jason just makes it worse.

"That's because your mommy is very beautiful."

"I already knew that." She flicks her wrist in front of her face. A move I've never seen a child do before. "Who would think Mommy isn't beautiful?"

"Do you think Mommy is the most beautiful in the world?" Jason asks her. But I think he's getting a kick out of teasing me.

"Yes I do." Sarah replies, without hesitation.

"I am right here you know." I interrupt.

"We know." They say in unison. I only shake my head at them causing Sarah to giggle and Jason to laugh at my embarrassment.

Automatically, I roll my eyes. "Whatever."

Jason and Chase took off a few minutes later. Joey and I stayed outside. I didn't want to deal with Michael yet. Joey looks like she's still trying to get over the shock of meeting her mate. I couldn't blame her. When I first met Jason, I was in denial. I still am at times.

Sarah walked to the playground but stopped a few feet away. She stayed there, thinking about something.

Joey and I walked over to her, well Joey walked to a swing and sat down. I crouched down to Sarah's eye level.

"Sweetie what's wrong?" I grab her hand.

"Mikey made this playground for me." She stated.

Now I know why she didn't play right away. Sarah's still upset with Michael. He hurt her physically, emotionally, and verbally. Thinking about this is pissing me off again.

"Everyone outside. Now." I order through the pack link.

They all come outside and stand behind me, waiting for me to begin. I see Zoe standing at the doorway. 

I ask Anna, "Does she already know what's going on?" 

"Yes." 

I take in a deep breathe. "As you all know, Jason and I have been seeing each other, secretly, for the last few months."