Chapter 30

Aria POV

we stood on the porch of Aaron's childhood home, where his parents still lived. There was a swing on the left side and pots of flowers lining the steps. Aaron reached around me and rang the door bell. I heard footsteps and a "they're here!" From what sounded like Aaron's mom.

Aaron mouthed "my mom" to me. I giggled.

Aaron's mom opened the door and ran out.

"Aaron Kyle! Honey!" She said hugging him and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"Hi mom."

She turned to me.

"You must be aria!" I reached out my hand to introduce myself.

"Honey, in this family, we don't shake hands, we hug!" She said hugging me.

I laughed. "It's so nice to meet you!"

Aarons dad and his brother john walked out the door.

"Hey son!" Aaron's dad said as he hugged him.

"Hey dad"

Aaron's dad then turned to me.

"I'm Stanley!" He said giving me a hug.

"I'm aria! Nice to meet you!"

After I met his brother, we went inside.

"You have a lovely home mrs.Tveit!" I said looking around the cream colored walls with pictures of Aaron and John.

"Why thank you! Oh aria, do you like lasagna?"

"I do! Very much!" I said. We went into the living room and I sat by Aaron on the couch. He reached for my hand. I blushed realizing his brother and his dad were with us.

Aaron's dad asked me about broadway and we talked about Aaron's dad construction company and how he wanted to be a country singer when he was younger. John told us all about Paris and work and his girlfriend.

"I'm gonna go help Posie set the table. Aria is there anything you want to drink?"

"I just have water, thanks!"

A few minutes later, the food was ready. After a yummy homecooked meal, Aaron spoke up.

"Hey john? Why don't you take aria for a tour of the house? I gotta talk to mom and dad about something."

"Sure." John said getting up.

Aaron POV

I made sure they left the room before I said a word.

"So, what do you think of Her?" I asked.

"She's so sweet and nice and pretty and so smart!" Said my mom.

"A wonderful young lady." Said my dad.

"Good. Because I want to ask her to marry me." I said smiling.

Right as I said that, my mom teared up.
My dad sat there beaming.

"I want the engagement ring to be yours, mom."

"Oh yes of course! It's laying in my jewelry box ill go get it!"

My moms engagement ring was actually my dads moms. It's been passed down and is really special to my parents. A few moments later my mom came back and placed it in my hands.

After dessert, we said goodbye and got in the car.

I opened the car door for Aria and she got in. I started the car and pulled out of my old neighborhood.

"They liked you a lot." I said.

"I like them too!" She replied.

I pulled onto the highway and started heading back to manhattan.

"What did you need to talk To them about?" She asked.

"Oh nothing you need to worry about." I said smiling.