3

I'm sitting on a bench in the park. It's cold and I'm not wearing a jacket. My hands are freezing. I cough and sneeze. Suddenly someone puts a jacket around me. I look up. It's Jason. I push the jacket off and try to walk away but Jason grabs my arm. 'Let go of me!' I try to push him away but he holds on tight. 'Please talk with me.' He says. 'I have nothing to say to you!' I yell at him. I never yell at him. 'But I do!' Jason pulls me towards him and embraces me. I try to push him away again but I'm too weak. 'I'm sorry.' He says. I stop resisting. 'You're scaring me.' I say and tears start to fall. Jason holds me tight. 'I'm sorry, I'm so sorry.' I can't put my arms around him. I get out of his embrace. I look down. 'Marah.' Jason takes a step forward. 'I'm sorry, I can't do this.' I turn around. 'I can't face you right now. I can't talk to you. Not like this.' I walk away from him. This time he doesn't follow me. I don't want to cry but I can't stop. I start to run. I knock on David's door. He immediately opens the door. He looks at me surprised. I'm still crying. David takes me inside. 'In the end you couldn't handle it, could you?' I nod while hiding my face in my hands. David puts his arms around me. I put my arms around his waist. It feels so nice. This kind of protection. 'Calm down. I'm here.' I notice I'm breathing heavily. After I've calmed down, David gives me a glass of water. 'Thank you.' David strokes my back. 'He must've been really angry at you.' He says. I nod and take a sip of the water. 'But he embraced me; telling me he was I wipe away my last tears. 'I'm sorry.' I say. 'I've been scared of him. And he got a gun too because he is a policeman.' 'You don't have to apologize for something like that.' 'I just don't want him to hurt someone innocent.' David strokes my head. 'That won't happen.' 'Let's go.' I say. David looks at me. 'To where?' I look up. 'My uncle.' I stand up. David grabs my arm. 'You really want to go now?' I nod. 'I really need to know more now.' David understands. 'You can use my coat.' He says. 'Thanks.' I put on the coat and we walk to the car.

About twenty minutes later we arrive. We park in front of a big house. Does my uncle really live here? We get out of the car and I walk to the door. I take a deep breath before knocking on the door. When I knock a woman opens the door. She looks at me. Is this my aunt? 'What is it?' 'I'm looking for Christoph Monale.' The woman frowns. 'You can come in. He is in the living room.' David and I walk into the house. When we come into the living room a man is reading the paper. He turns his head. 'Who are you?' He asks. I walk towards the man. 'Hello, uncle.' I say. Uncle looks up surprised. 'No.' He says. 'Marah? Is that you?' I nod. Uncle jumps out of his chair and hugs me. 'I missed you, my little girl!' Surprised I look at David who almost can't stop grinning. 'How have you been?' Uncle asks while letting me go. I take a seat. 'I'm good, uncle.' I smile but then I take a serious look. 'I came to ask you something.' I look in his eyes. 'What is it, dear?' I clear my throat. 'What did my mom hide for me?' Uncle stays quiet for a moment. Then he opens his mouth and starts to speak. 'Well before your father died your mother left the house a lot in the evenings. And that's because she had an affair.' I stay quiet. 'Your father discovered after he saw your mother kissing another man. Your parents had many fights and you stayed with me for a while. When you came back home you heard your father died. And a few days after that your mother got

dumped by her lover. She became depressed and in the end killed herself.' I look down. 'I see.' Is the only thing I can say. So my mom didn't even think about me. I look at uncle. 'When did this happen?' I ask. 'It happened in 1995.' Uncle answers.

I stand up. 'Thank you for your time uncle.' I say. 'You're leaving already?' I nod. 'I've got many things to do.' Uncle nods. 'I understand. It was nice to see you again.' I says and gives me a hug. I leave the house with David and we drive away. The whole ride home I stay quiet. David doesn't say anything either. 'Could you bring me home, please?' I say after a while. 'Alright, but Jason might be there.' 'I know.' David stops the car in front of my house. 'I can wait here and you can message me if he isn't there. I'll leave then.' He says. 'Good idea. I'll go inside then. Bye.' I get out of the car and walk to the door. I open the door and walk into the living room. 'Jason?' I yell his name but no answer. He isn't here. I take my phone out of my pocket and message David. ''He isn't here.'' David sighs of relief when he reads the message. He starts the car and drives away. 'Chiko?' I search for her but she isn't here either. Did Jason take her with him? I should go and see him. I walk out of the door and walk towards Jason's house. When I get there no one is home. Where did he go? I take my phone and try to call him. "Hello?'' He answers! "Jason? Where are you?'' I say. "Marah? I'm coming right now. Where are you?'' "I'm at your house.'' I say and he quickly answers. "Stay there, I'm coming.'' Then I hang up. It takes long and I sit down. I lay down my head against the wall and close my eyes. After a long time of waiting, he finally arrives. 'Marah.' I open my eyes. Jason is standing in front of me. I stand up. 'I'm sorry I am so late. I had a job to do.' Jason says. 'I just wanted to talk with you.' I say. 'Alright, let's go inside.' I shake my head. 'No let's just talk here.' Jason walks towards me. 'What is it?' He asks. 'I'm sorry for this morning.' I say while looking down. 'I'm sorry.' Jason just stands there. 'Why are you apologizing? I should be the one.' He says. 'The accident is all my fault and I still dare to get angry at you.' I look up. 'It's not your fault!' I say. I have a lump in my throat. Jason looks at me surprised. 'But it was because of me you ran away.' I shake my head. 'It was me who wasn't careful.' I can't help but I embrace him. 'Don't think such things like that.' Jason puts his head on my shoulder. I'm surprised when I feel my shoulder getting wet. Is he crying? Jason puts his arms around me. I stroke his head. It feels so comforting. Even though he doesn't know anything about my parents or what I'm doing. I want to tell him but he'll prevent me from doing anything. I need to wait until the time is right.