4

I try to escape but I can't. A man. The man of the park is hitting me. I'm bleeding. He grabs my arms and pushes me on the ground. He kisses my cheeks and goes down to my chest. I cry and yell. 'Stop it! Let me go! Please!' The man is only laughing. He tears my shirt apart. I try to resist but he's too strong. I cry out loud but it seems no one hears me. I wake up. Sweat drips down of my head. A nightmare? I hold my head. I'm dizzy. I hear someone knocking on the door. 'Marah! Are you alright? Marah!' I open the door and Jason stands there. He puts his arms around me. 'I thought something happened.' He says. 'No, I just had a nightmare.' My arms fall down my body. 'Marah?' I fall down on the ground. 'Marah!' Jason catches me and kneels down. He feels my head. 'Your fever has gone up.' He says and puts me back in the bed. He puts a cold towel on my head. 'No! Please!' I run after someone. 'Please! Stay with me! Mommy!' It's my mother? But she's dead. It can't be... She's a ghost? But does that mean I... I could see ghosts since I was young?! 'Please, stay with me.' Jason looks at me. 'Are you having a nightmare again?' He whispers. I hold my hand high and Jason takes it. 'I'm here. I won't go anywhere.' He says. He kisses my hand and puts it back on the bed, still holding it. I wake up again. I look around the room. Jason is gone. I get up and get the towel off my head. I'm feeling much better now. Jason walks out of the bathroom. 'You're awake?' I nod. 'I'm feeling much better now.' I smile. 'Good, I made a bath for you.' I stand up. 'Thank you.' I walk into the bathroom and undress myself. I get inside the bathtub. It feels nice. I close my eyes. What was that nightmare about? Why do I have this kind of nightmares? I open my eyes again. Well maybe it doesn't mean anything, right? I stare at the ceiling and see a face. It the man. I put my head down again. Who is this man? I put my head under the water and hold my breath. I get out of the water when I can't hold my breath anymore. I dry myself and put on a bathrobe. I walk into the room and Jason stands there making up the bed. He turns around and becomes red when he sees me. 'What's wrong?' I ask while he turns around. 'Why don't you wear your clothes?' He asks. 'They are drying.' I say. 'I see. Come with me.' He takes my hand and puts me on a seat. He takes the hairdryer in his hand and turns it on. 'You never dry my hair.' I say as he dries my hair. Jason smiles. 'I wanted to do it once.' He says. I feel my cheeks becoming red. Jason turns the hairdryer off when my hair is dry. 'Thanks.' I say and I get up. I take a hair brush and start to brush my hair. Someone knocks on the door. 'I'll go.' Jason says as he leaves the bathroom. 'Here are your clothes.' I hear from the door. 'Thank you.' Jason closes the door and comes back to the room. 'Your clothes are dry.' He says and gives me the clothes. I close the door of the bathroom and dress up.

We walk down the street. 'I need to meet someone.' I say. 'It isn't David again, right?' I shake my head. 'No, it's someone else.' We split at a crossing path. I walk towards the restaurant. When I get in Mrs. Denver isn't there yet. I take a seat and order a glass of wine. A few minutes later Mrs. Denver arrives. 'Hello, Mrs. Denver.' I say and shake her hand. 'Greetings, Marah.' She takes a seat and puts down her bag. 'You wanted to talk?' She asks as the takes a sip of the wine standing in front of her. I nod. 'Could you tell me more about the lover of my mother?' Erica glances at me from the corners of her eyes. She puts down the glass and begins to speak. 'He was a dirty man. A player. He uses women

to get money and expensive things. He used your mother and he used me too.' I look up. 'What is his name?' I ask and stare attentively. 'His name is Antonio Clark.' I play with my glass. 'He did terrible things.' Erica looks down. 'I should leave now. I told you everything I knew.' She stands up. 'Ah yes, thank you.' I stand up and she leaves the restaurant. I sit back down in the chair and take a sip of the wine. Antonio Clark. I need to find out where he lives. Or his phone number. I walk out of the restaurant and go home. When I get home I open my laptop and search for Antonio Clark. Many links appear and I begin with the first one. "Antonio Clark is a gold digger and a child abuser. He went to jail in 1998 and went free in June 2015." I scroll down and see a picture. I'm shocked when I see it. This is... this is... Simon Allison! I read further. "He used mothers for money and then came after their children. He murdered the women and made it look like suicide. One woman escaped and called the police.' I'm shocked. Murder? Does this mean my mother is murdered?! Tears begin to flow. My mother being murdered by my neighbor. This is... A ghosts appears in front of me. I'm startled when I see who it is. 'Mom?'