2

I feel something touching my hand. What is it? I try to move my fingers. I open my eyes slowly. 'Marah? Are you awake?' I look around the room. I'm at the hospital. Jason is holding my hand and he's smiling. 'Thank goodness, you're finally awake.' Finally? How long have I been unconscious? 'What happened?' I ask Jason. 'You got in a car accident and you've been in a coma for two weeks.' I've been in a coma?

I try to sit up and when I do I'm shocked. 'What's wrong?' I point at the wall behind my bed. 'Who's that?' I ask. Jason looks at the exact same spot but doesn't see anyone. 'What do you mean? There's only you and me in this room.' What? But that can't be. Suddenly the person disappears. I start to scream. What is this? What's wrong with me? 'Marah, calm down!' Jason puts his arms around me to calm me down. It works a bit.

The doctor walks into the room. 'I see you've woken, Miss Monale.' Jason lets go of me and looks at the doctor. 'How are you feeling?' I keep silent for a moment and clench my hands. 'I'm seeing things.' I'm scared. 'Things like...?' The doctor asks. 'Ghosts.' I say. 'Ghosts?' The doctor repeats what I say. I nod carefully. Then the doctor whispers something to the nurse standing next to him. Then he looks at me again. 'We're going to do some tests to see what's going on. Mister I'd like for you to stay outside.' Jason nods. 'I see, I'll be there when you wake up, Marah.' I nod and Jason leaves the room. 'I'll give you a shot.' The nurse takes a needle and puts it in my arm. In a few seconds I fall away.

I wake up. My head hurts. I'm in a dark room. I try to sit up but I can't. My hands and feet are all tied up. I'm shocked and start to yell. 'Let me go! Let me out of here!' No one helps me. I close my eyes and suddenly I hear a sound. When I open my eyes a ghost is standing next to my bed. I'm startled when I see her. But she doesn't seem to want to hurt me. She point at a corner. I stare at the corner and I see a hair pin. Does she want to help me escape? I look at the woman. I understand her and nod. I twist my wrists and get the rope off. I untie my feet too and immediately walk to the corner. I pick up the hair pin and walk to the door. I put the pin in the keyhole and twist it. The door opens! I open the door carefully and look if there's no one watching. Then I get out of the room and get out of the hospital.

I run the whole way towards home. I quickly open the door and get inside. I hear a voice coming from the living room. 'Who's there?' It's Jason. I walk into the room as I'm out of breath. Surprised Jason is standing there. 'Marah? What are you doing here? You should be at the hospital.' I want to tell him but I start to cry. I kneel down on the ground and put my hands in front of my face. Jason walks towards me and kneels in front of me. 'Marah? What happened?' He puts his hands on my shoulders. 'They... They locked me up.' I say. 'What?' Jason seems confused. 'They thought I had become crazy.' I can't stop crying. Jason puts his arms around me. 'Don't worry, I'm here.' My head still hurts. I'm so dizzy.

I hold my hand in front of my mouth and run to the bathroom. I throw up. Jason follows me and stands in the door. I flush the toilet and stand up but my legs are weak. I drop on the floor and faint. Jason runs towards me. 'Marah!' He holds me in his arms. He picks me up and lays me down in my bed. He puts a blanket over me and sits on my bed. He strokes my head. 'I want to protect you.' He whispers in my ear.

A few hours later I wake up. My dizziness is gone but my head still hurts. I look at my phone. A message from an unknown number? I read the message: "It's not over yet. You need to find out.'' I read the message twice. What do I need to find out? What's not over

yet? I sit up. I need to know what's going to happen. But Jason will prevent me from leaving the house. I need to escape.

I get out of bed and walk downstairs. I walk to the kitchen and see Jason making diner. 'It smells great.' I say. 'Tomato soup.' Jason turns around. 'Marah, are you feeling better?' I nod. I need to pretend I'm doing fine and nothing happened.