7

I'm waiting for the bus and Jason is with me. He'll be doing this until everything is over. If Antonio is arrested, I can be free again. Everything will go back to normal.
The bus arrives and I get in. It's loaded again so I have to stand. Suddenly the bus stops and I fall. Jason catches me. I get up and apologize to him. I become red. This is so embarrassing. When we arrive at our stop I hurry out of the bus. Jason walks with me towards the school. I turn around. 'Well, I'll be going then.' Jason says. 'Yeah me too. Bye.' I wave at him and get inside.
I sigh as I take a seat. 'Hey, Marah!' Lisa walks towards me. 'How are you?' I smile. 'I'm fine, how about you?' I ask. 'I heard something big.' Lisa says as she sits down. 'What is it?' I ask and look at her curiously. 'It's about your parents. I heard they are really rich!' I swallow. 'N...no they are not rich.' I say and look down. 'They aren't here anymore.' I say and bite my lip. 'Oh Marah, I'm sorry.' Lisa says. I look at her. 'It's alright, you couldn't know.' I say with a wry smile.
The teacher stands in front of the class. 'Everyone take your seats. I have an announcement to make.' Everyone sits down and looks at the teacher. 'We're going on a field trip. We will be there for a week starting Saturday.' Everyone reacts excited. 'I'm really looking forward to it already.' Lisa says and smiles. 'We're going to have so much fun together!' She says and I smile.
The rest of the day everyone is talking about the field trip but I'm wondering about Jason. I go to the school gate and Jason is already waiting. 'Hey, Jason.' I say and wave. 'How was school?' He asks and we start to walk towards the bus station. 'It was nice. We're going on a field trip this Saturday.' I say. Jason looks at me. 'A field trip? Then I'll go with you.' I look at him surprised. 'You can't.' I say. Jason looks at me. 'Why not?' He asks. 'Well, I can't take anyone with me on the field trip and I'll be with the girls all the time.' I say and look down. 'But I can't let you go alone.' He says and stops. 'There are teachers around. They will take care of us.' Jason sighs. 'Alright then. But if anything happens be sure to call me.' I nod. 'I get it officer.' I say and laugh. Jason grins.
The bus arrives and I can finally sit down. I sigh and look out of the window. I'm even concerned myself. Will Antonio really follow me there? I feel anxious but I can't let Jason be worried. He'll definitely will come with me and stay with me the whole time. I can't let that happen.
I get out of the bus. I look at Jason and turn around. I begin to walk. Suddenly my head aches. I sink to my knees. 'Marah!' Jason kneels down and grabs me by my shoulders. I'm hearing voices again. I look to the ground. I'm seeing so many faces. Are these all ghosts?! I hold my head. "Remember it... Fight... Kill him...'' What is this?! Who do I need to kill?
'Marah, I'll take you home.' Jason says and puts me on his back. I hold him tight and close my eyes. It hurts so much.
Jason opens the front door and walks upstairs. He puts me on the bed; I lay down. 'Are you alright now?' Jason asks. I nod. 'What did you see?' He asks. I bite my lip. 'I saw so many faces and they all seemed to know me. They all smiled at me and said something.' I say. 'I feel like I'm having a déjà vu.' I get up. 'It's probably something of your past that you can't remember.' Jason says. 'Maybe they knew you because you could see ghosts when you were younger but after your memory loss they disappeared. It's the same as when you lost your memories after the whole incident with Antonio.' I look at Jason. 'That's it! Then I can find an answer to the cause of the memory loss. And I think I already know who's in it.' I say. 'There's only one person I need to talk to.' I say. 'Let's go.' I stand up and walk out of the room. 'Where are we going?' Jason asks. 'We're going to Sophie.' I say and put on my coat. 'But Antonio might be home.' Jason says and grabs my arm. 'Don't worry. Antonio is a wanted person now and he wouldn't be hiding at home right?' Jason lets go of me; together we go to Antonio's house.
I knock on the door. Sophie opens it. 'Marah, what are you doing here?' She asks. 'Simon isn't at home right now.' I shake my head. 'I'm coming here for you. I need to talk to you.' I say. 'Ah I see. Well, come in.' Sophie steps aside and we walk into the house. I take a seat and look at Sophie. 'Do you want some coffee?' She asks. 'No, thank you. We won't be her for so long.' I say. Sophie sits down and looks at me. 'What do you want to say?' She asks. 'I wanted to ask you something about Simon.' I say. 'How long are you two married?' I ask at first. 'We're married for eleven years now.' Sophie answers. 'So you know everything about him?' I ask and look her in the eyes. Sophie nods. 'Then do you know what he did between 1995 and 1998?' I ask her. 'Well I heard he used to be a womanizer. He loves kids and is very kind.' Sophie says. I frown. 'Then do you not know the name Antonio Clark?' I ask and look at her. She seems shocked. 'So you know.' She says and looks down. I focus my eyes on her. 'Well Antonio after he ended the relationship with your mother he raised you. But not in a normal way. He locked you up in the basement and you used to get a bit of bread and water. You didn't have any friends because you were locked in there. He used to hit you and use you. He even raped you.' I widen my eyes. I'm so shocked. I clench my fists. 'One day he took you to the woods and he shot you. He thought you were dead and hid you.' I'm shaking. 'That explains the scar on my chest.' I say. 'He became arrested after the police found out that he murdered your mother and the other women. That's what happened in those three years.' I'm furious.
I get up and run out of the door. I run down the streets. I keep running and running. After a while I stop and sink to my knees. I scream of anger. Tears flow like a river over my face. Why me? 'Why me?! What did I do wrong?!' I yell. Jason has been following me. He stands behind me. He walks in front of me and turns around. He kneels down and lays his hands on my shoulders. 'I know it's unfair.' He says. 'I'm going to get him. I'll make him suffer like you did.' I say and wipe away my tears. 'Marah, look at me.' I look in his eyes. 'You shouldn't do anything stupid. If you'll do the same you won't be the victim anymore but the culprit.' I hit my fist against the wall. My hand starts to bleed. 'Marah.' I keep hitting the wall. 'It's not fair! This isn't right!' I say. 'Marah, stop!' Jason grabs my arm. 'I promise you, I'll get him. But don't hurt yourself.' He says and holds my hand. 'I'm sorry.' I say. 'I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry.' I keep apologizing. 'Marah...' Jason kisses my forehead. 'Don't apologize. Don't.' He says and embraces me.

The day has come. I'll go on a field trip. Jason decided to come with me. I wanted to stop him but I couldn't because I knew he wouldn't change his mind.

Jason consulted with the director and he agreed. Jason told him about the accident and said it'd be better if he'd come with me.
I get into the bus with my backpack. Lisa takes a seat next to me and Jason sits behind me. 'Who is that boy behind us?' She whispers. 'He's someone I know.' I whisper back. Lisa smirks. 'You mean your boyfriend.' I become red. 'Were you talking about me?' Jason looks at us. Lisa gets startled. 'S...So you know Marah?' Jason nods. 'Yes, she's my girlfriend.' He says. I glance at him. How can he just say that? 'Is that why you are coming with us?' Lisa asks. 'No. It's because I'm helping with the field trip.' He says. I look out of the window. I know why he says that.
After two hours we arrive at the place. 'The girls and boys sleep apart. You are not allowed to go to each other's rooms! Understood?' I hear people behind me wail. 'Go to your rooms now and we will gather tonight at 9 o'clock.' The teacher says. I turn to Jason. 'I'll see you later.' I say to him and walk to the room with all the other girls.
I make up my bed and lay down. All the girls walk towards my bed. I sit up. What is this? 'Is it true that the hot guy is your boyfriend?' Someone asks. 'You mean Jason? Yes, he is.' I say and lay down. I close my eyes. The girls start to scream. 'That's too bad. He could have been my boyfriend.' I look up. It's Baily. 'Well, I don't think so. He is Marah's boyfriend. You should keep away from him.' Lisa says. Baily hisses and walks away. 'You're really lucky, Marah.' The girls say. 'I guess so.' I say. They all giggle and walk away. Lisa sits down on my bed. 'You should take it easy. I know about your accident.' I smile. 'Don't worry. I'll be fine.' I say.
It's almost 9 o'clock. I walk outside and everyone is already gathered. I walk towards Lisa. 'I wonder what they have planned.' I say. Lisa nods. 'Me too.' The teacher starts to talk. 'We are going to do some ghost hunting in the woods. We will go in groups of five.' I'm surprised when he says that. The boys are excited and the girls are scared. Lisa holds my arm. 'We're going together right?' She looks scared. 'Of course.' I say. Two other boys get into our group too.
We're walking in the woods. It's much scarier like this than when I normally see ghosts. I see something in the corner of my eye. I look around. A ghost? I look in the distance and see a ghost coming towards me. When I see what is it I'm startled. It isn't a normal ghost. I want to go to the group again but they're gone. I start to run. I don't know where I am. I'm scared. It's dark and it's even scarier because I can see ghosts. I hear something behind me. I turn around and see a light. I scream and someone grabs my arm. But then I see it's Jason. He looks at me shocked. 'I'm sorry, did I scare you?' He asks and I kneel down. I gasp. 'I noticed something was wrong so I came after you.' He says. 'Can you stand?' I nod but then notice someone else is here too.
'Well, who do we have here? Marah Monale and Jason Simons.' I turn my head and Antonio points a gun at us. 'Antonio...' I swallow. 'You want to kill me? You want to make me suffer?' He grins. 'How could you even have survived the shot? Sophie talks too much don't you think? Sadly she had to pay for that.' I widen my eyes. He murdered his own wife? Jason gets up. 'Who do you think you are?! I'll never forgive you for what you did!' He says and glances at Antonio. Antonio smirks. 'I don't need your forgiveness. I just need to get rid of her. She is standing in my way.' I stand up. 'I'll never let you touch her!'
Jason runs towards Antonio and hits him. Antonio falls on the ground and lets go of the gun. Jason hits his face but Antonio pushes Jason off of him. He hits him in the face. Jason turns around and kicks Antonio. Jason grabs his throat but Antonio kicks his knee. Jason falls on the ground and Antonio puts his hands on Jason's throat. I run towards the gun and point it to Antonio. 'Let go of him!' I yell and Antonio turns his head. He puts his hands high. 'You're never going to shoot me.' Antonio smirks. I'm shaking. I'm thinking of what Jason said: "If you kill him you won't be the victim but the culprit.'' I look at Jason. I shoot once into the air and point the gun at Antonio again. I hear the police cars. Jason grins. 'The whole area is surrounded. This is the end Antonio.' Police men run towards Antonio and arrest him for murder, abuse and rape. I lay the gun down on the ground and run to Jason. 'Are you okay?' He asks me. 'That's my line.' I say and help him up. The ambulance arrives and they help Jason. The doctors put a bandage around my hand and they put plasters on Jason's wounds.
I walk to Jason. He looks at me and smiles. 'It's nothing serious.' He says. I stare at him and then embrace him. He holds me. 'It's over, Marah. He's going to jail.' He says and smiles. I'm crying tears of happiness.
A teacher walks towards us. 'Everyone is back at their rooms. Marah, it's the best for you to go home.' I nod and go towards the girls room to pack my stuff. 'I'm going to miss you.' Lisa says. I smile. 'Don't worry, we'll see each other again within a week.' Lisa gives me a hug and everyone waves me goodbye when I leave.

U9UR