10

I walk into a huge building. So this is the army basis? 'Please follow me.' The major says and Jason and I follow him. We stop at a big door. The major knocks on the door. 'Mr. president, miss Monale has arrived.' He says. The president?! 'Let her in.' He says and the major opens the door.
I walk into the room. 'Hello miss Monale.' The president says. 'It must have been a surprise to suddenly be called here.' I nod. 'Yes, Mr. president.' I say. 'Please, take a seat.' He says and I sit down in a chair. 'Don't worry. You didn't have done anything wrong.' The president says and gives me a cup of coffee. 'I'll get straight to the point. I've heard you can communicate with ghosts so we need you to get in contact with the monster.' He says. 'I know, sir.' I say. 'The spirit is looking for me. I think it wants to kill me. That's why I need to confront it to get in contact with it.' I say. 'Won't that be too dangerous? He might do something to you.' The president says. 'I need to take that risk if I want this to stop.' I say and take a sip of my coffee. 'We can give you protection. If the spirit attacks you the army can shoot on it.' The president says. I shake my head. 'You'll make it angry. If it becomes angry it'll be even more dangerous.' I say. The president thinks of something. 'Is there anything we can do?' He asks. 'You just need to make sure the people are safe. If you can lure it out of town it'll be safer too.' I say. 'Good. When should we take action?' The president asks. 'It'll attack us on the day before Christmas. That's the same day when it killed my father.' I say. 'I see. Thanks for your collaboration, miss Monale.' The president says. 'With pleasure, Mr. president.' I shake his hand and walk out of the room where Jason is waiting for me. The president comes out after me.
'Follow me.' He says and Jason and I follow the president. We are standing in front of the army. 'Soldiers. This woman will communicate with the spirit and save us. We are the ones that'll drive the spirit out of the city and we need to get all the inhabitants on a safe place. Miss Monale will confront the spirit. Miss Monale?' The president gives me the chance to speak. I step forward. 'This spirit is dangerous. You shouldn't attack it or it will become angry. If it becomes angry it'll be even more dangerous. It will attack random people. You need to work together to lure the spirit out of the city.' I say. I've never given a speech like this before. I'm quite nervous. The president takes it over from here and I can leave. 'I sent a message to David. So he understands where we are.' Jason says. I nod. 'That's good.' I say and we sit down in the car.
We're in a car on the way home. I look out of the window. Tomorrow is the day. The day I might die. The day I might defeat it. When I might avenge my dad.
Jason holds my hand. 'Are you nervous for tomorrow?' He asks. I nod. 'Extremely nervous.' I say and squeeze his hand. We arrive at home and David is already waiting. I get out of the car and David walks towards me. 'I heard it from Jason.' He says. 'Let's go inside. I need to talk to you two.' I say and get inside. The two sit down and I stand in front of them. 'If I touch the spirit, I'll be in its world. You two need to make sure no one interrupts. If anyone does it could be dangerous. Be sure everyone keeps away from it. Even if something goes wrong with me in its world you shouldn't interrupt.' I say. 'This can only be done once and if something goes wrong, it might be the end for me or even the whole world.' I say and look down. 'We can do it.' David says and pats my shoulder. 'Definitely.' Jason says and pats my other shoulder. I look at both and smile. I nod.
The same night words keep luring through my head. "I can't do it'' "I'll die'' "I'll disappoint everyone'' I'm so nervous and scared that something goes wrong. I sit up and hold my head. I want to fall asleep but I just can't.
My door is being opened and Jason walks in. 'Can't sleep?' He asks. I shake my head. Jason closes the door quietly and sits down on my bed. 'Don't worry, everything will be just fine.' He says and strokes my cheek. His hand is so warm. His presence feels so good. I lay my head against his chest. 'I'm scared.' I say. 'I'm so afraid. And everyone is relying on me.' Jason holds me tight. 'It must be tough to carry that weight on your shoulders.' He says. I bite my lip and close my eyes. His warmth. His love for me. How long will I feel it?