I'm discharged from the hospital a week after the horrible day. I'm living with Jason and David for now. When I get home David sits on the couch. He smiles. 'I'm glad you got your memories back and you're back home.' He says and shows me a cake. 'Welcome home.' The two smile as welcoming me. 'David, I haven't gotten the chance to thank you yet. Thank you.' I say and David smiles. 'I looked quite cool, right?' He grins. I start to laugh.

'You should keep your distance now.' Jason says as he pulls me towards him. 'She's my girlfriend now.' He glows of happiness. David lets his plate with cake fall on the ground. 'What?' David looks at me surprised. 'David?' I look at him not knowing what's wrong. 'You and him...?' David shakes his head. 'You can't!' He says and becomes angry. 'David, calm down.' Jason says. 'No, I can't accept it! Marah, you don't even know what he-' Jason glances to David. 'David!' He stops talking and walks out of the room. I look at Jason. 'Jason, what do I not know?' I frown all confused. 'Sit down for a moment.' He says and looks down. 'Well, I wanted to tell you when the time was right.' I look down. 'Just tell me.' I say. 'Well when I was young I saw a man walking on the streets. I think he was drunk. Suddenly something grab him and ate him. And after you had told me about your parents I realized that...' He gulps. 'He was your father.' I swallow. 'My father? So you were there when...'

I put my hand in front of my mouth. I'm so confused right now. 'Marah, I'm sorry.' Jason puts his hand on my shoulder. I shake my head. 'It's alright. You don't have to apologize for that.' I look him in the eyes. 'I totally understand. You were thinking about my feelings of course. It's not something I should be angry about.' I smile gently. Jason smiles back and kisses my cheek. 'Thank you, Marah.' He says and hugs me. 'Well, let's just celebrate for now.' I say and smile. I take a piece of cake and a glass of champagne. We toast to a happy life after this has ended. I take a sip and lay my head on Jason's shoulder. He puts his head against mine. 'A lot of things happened and there will be more.' I say. 'I'll have to face it so it can be over soon.' Jason keeps quiet. 'I hope it'll be over soon.' Jason kisses my cheek. 'I'll definitely catch him.' I smile and close my eyes. Suddenly Jason gets a call. He picks up the phone. 'Officer Wallace, what is it?' He keeps quiet for a moment and then answers. 'We need to go now. It's about your uncle.' We rush into the car and drive as fast as we can to my uncle's house. I hold my hand in front of my mouth when I walk into the house. 'Uncle...' I see his body lying on the ground. Jason grabs my shoulder. 'What happened?' He asks to Officer Wallace. 'Well it appears he has been strangled. There are prints on his neck. Unfortunately the culprit wore gloves. He must've been lying here for about eight hours.' Officer Wallace says. 'Marah, do you know who might have done this?' He asks and looks at me. 'Antonio Clark.' I say. 'He must've been angry because they've told me things about my past.' Office Wallace looks at me. 'He is a former criminal. Are you sure?' I nod. 'He murdered my mother too and now he comes after me.' I say. 'I see. I'll look into it.' The office says and goes on with the body. I walk out of the house. 'Are you alright.' Jason asks as he put an arm around me. 'I think this is a warning.' I say. 'Don't worry, I'll stay by your side.' Jason says. 'I know.' I smile gently at him and get in the car. When we get home David stands outside the door with his suitcase. I walk towards him surprised. 'What is this?' I ask him. 'I'm going to study abroad.' David says. 'What?' I'm surprised. 'This is all so sudden. But when did you decide to leave?' David looks down and

takes my hand. 'I already decided a few month ago but you had a difficult time and stood alone for it. I couldn't leave you alone like that but now I know Jason will be with you. You won't be needing me anymore.' He says. I get tears in my eyes. I embrace him. 'I wish you good luck.' I say and let him go. He strokes my head smiles and walks towards Jason. He shakes Jason's hand. 'I'm relying on you.' He says and sits down in the cab. 'Goodbye.' He says. I wave till I can't see the cab anymore. I turn around to Jason. I shrug my shoulders and smile. I walk inside the house. I sit down and sigh. Jason walks into the room too. 'Are you sure you are alright?' I nod. 'I didn't know my uncle that well. So it doesn't hurt so much.' I say and look down. 'He was a kind man though. I feel like it's all my fault.' Jason shakes his head. 'No, it's not your fault.' Jason strokes my back. I close my eyes. 'Tomorrow I need to get back to school.' I say. Jason puts his chin on my shoulder. 'Are you going to be okay?' He asks. 'Yeah, I can distract myself like that.' I answer. Jason smiles. 'That's good.' Jason kisses my neck. I turn my head and kiss his lips. It feels so good. I missed this. He puts his arms around me and kisses me deeply. I feel so safe when I'm with him. His kisses are so passionate and gentle. Jason lets go of me. I look in his beautiful blue eyes. He puts his head against mine. 'I love you.' He says. I smile. 'I love you too.' He kisses my cheek and gets up. 'Let's get ready for bed.' He says and gives me his hand. I nod and grab his hand. Together we walk upstairs and go to the bathroom. We brush our teeth and go to the bedroom. 'You sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the floor.' Jason says and lays a pillow and a blanket on the matrass on the floor. I lay down in bed. The sphere is awkward. 'Good night.' I say and turn on my side. 'Good night.' Jason says. I close my eyes and try to fall asleep. That night I have a nightmare again. This time my mother is fighting with my father. She's crying and walks out of the room. I walk into the room and ask what's going on. 'It's nothing, honey.' Father says and turns around. Suddenly his head falls of his body. I'm startled when I see a weird shadow. I try to run but I can't. I scream for my dad. 'Dad, stay with me. Please, dad.' Jason gets up and sits down on my bed. 'Marah, wake up.' I don't wake up. 'Marah.' I wake up shocked. I feel I'm sweating. I look at Jason and calm down. I gulp. 'Did you have a nightmare again?' He asks and strokes my cheek. I nod. Jason gets into the bed and holds me. 'I'll sleep next to you.' He says and kisses my forehead. I crawl into his arms and put my head by his chest. I close my eyes and feel him stroking my head. 'I feel so safe when I'm with you.' I whisper. Jason smiles gently. I fall asleep.