Dear Diary: My Delinquent...Chap 4

Dear Dairy:

I dont know why but im really worried about Colton. A feeling is buried in the pit of my stomach. Again, I am a very determined girl. So you know I will find out.

~Tessa

~*~

"Where were you guys?" My mom scolded me for bringing Jake home late. Mrs. Marshall pushed my mother out of the way and engulfed her son in an hug.

"Jake has no upper body strength and couldnt carry his suit case." I obviously lied. Pretty smoothly too if I dont say so myself. Jake attention was moved at me instead of his mother.

"What!? No! She was on the ground praising where I was walking because she missed me so much." He stated rather smugly. I left the conversation where it was but didn't forget to roll my eyes.

"Sweetie could you get Colton? He hasn't been out of his room since you left." My dad asked me. I nodded whilst running for the stairs. Colton room was across from mine up the stairs.

I softly knocked on the oak door. Why hasn't Colton been out of his room? I knocked a little louder.

Nothing.

"Colton open up!" I demanded.

Silence.

I took an daring choice and opened the door. He wasn't on his bed where he usually was. Could he be in the bathroom? I wondered to myself. I cautiously walked towards the bathroom that was connected to his room. I again knocked on the door. "Colton?"

Silence.

The door wasn't locked. I braced myself for what was on the other side. The door creaked as I slowly opened it. My hand flew to my mouth at what I saw. Colton's back was against the tub. HIs eyes shut. Blood stained the floors and an razor poked out on the side just underneath the sink. Blood seeped out of his wrists. Tears pricked my eyes.

"DAD! MOM!" I screamed the loudest I have ever screamed before. My throat had a rapid pain due to my screaming.

Two pairs of feet came thundering into the room. I quickly fumbled with my phone out of my pocket and dialed the most known number.

"911 what's your emergency?"

The only response I could think of was, "B..blood . E...everywhere." I felt an wave of nausea take over but I knew I needed to get help.

"Tell me where you are please." The operator said. I quickly told her where we were.

"Help is on the way." I could faintly hear her say as the phone dropped to the floor. I felt Jake cover my eyes and carry me down the stairs. Out the door and into the car. How I haven't thrown up is a miracle.

"Where's Colton?" I whispered before my body decided to let the nausea take over pulling me into an forceful sleep.

~*~

I wanted to see Colton. No, I needed to see Colton. The blood. The ambulance. Colton. My eyes shot open. Where was I. No, that wasn't the problem. The problem was- Where. Is. He? I noticed that I was tightly wrapped. Like a present. By Jake.

"Where is he?" I croaked. My voice still sore from the bile that rose in my throat before I fell asleep. Jake seemed hesitant before opening and closing his mouth repeatedly. Which made me a little mad. "Yes?"

He let out a long sigh before running his free hand that wasn't holding me through his hair. "Honey you have to understand that he lost a lot of blood." My heart literally stopped. He's still alive though. That counts for something. Right?

"He's going to be alright though. Right?" I voiced my thoughts.

"Oh Tessa." He squeezed me tight. "The doctor hasn't said anything."

The dam broke. The barriers that have always been there, broke. My eyes were like waterfalls. I let myself cry. I never ever cry. Not even at my grandmas funeral. Which is saying something. For once in my life I felt absolutely vulnerable.

"Are you Tessa Winters?" An unfamiliar mans voice asked. My head shot up. Jake wiped the stray tears that were left on my face. Jake seemed to understand that I couldn't talk right now. "Yes she is." He confirmed for me.

The doctor looked down at his clip board that he was holding. "Your adopted brother, Colton is the one that's cut up? Am I correct?" I nodded furiously at his question.

"Where are my parents?" I found my voice.

"The cafeteria." Jake answered for me. I turned my attention back on the doctor.

"Can I see Colton?" I needed to see him. To know he was ok. Actually that's stupid I know that he's never going to be actually ok. Maybe physically but not mentally.

"Yeah you can but although he's restless he does need to sleep." He pointed to the room that was directly across from us.

"Thanks." I paused before turning to Jake. "Take your time to get my parents. I need to talk to him." I told Jake before entering Colton's room.

The knob felt cold in my grasp. Stop stalling. I told myself. I can do this. Then there was the side that wanted to yell at Colton for pulling that stunt on all of us. Cutting his self? Like really? I have seen people do it. I don't see a reason to do it.

This was it. I opened the door revealing Colton's pale beaten up body. His beautiful blue orbs were covered by his black hair. His wrists were neatly wrapped so I couldn't see much of his pale arms. Tears started to reach its point. I found myself moving closer to Colton. He blew the hair off his fore head. "What are you doing here?" His voice so scared making me want to break down. I didn't though.

"Because Colton you cant think that no one cares. Me especially. So guess what I care. Why cant you see that?" I didn't notice that I was at touching distance with him.

He took my hand and intertwined our fingers together. "Stop caring. I'm nothing especially to you." He stated firmly as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I shook my head rapidly. "No! Your very important to me! Stop saying that. J..just stop." I was breaking down at this point because I could feel stinging sensation going down my cheeks. Colton's pale hand reached up to swipe the tears away. I let him.

"Why can't anyone go away." He asked me. And I answered immediately.

"Because I'm never leaving." I promised.

"Can you smile? I like it when you smile." He told me. I was a little taken aback by this but did as asked. I smiled.

"Can you smile for me? I don't think I have ever seen you smile genuinely." Now that I thought about it I was right he never really smiled an real smile.

He smiled slightly for me but it never reached his eyes. He knew that he wasn't smiling the right way either. "Colton?" He made an noise notifying me that he was listening.

"I will make you smile. For real." I promised.

A promise that I wouldn't break.

~*~

What a great chap...HAHA

2 comment

2 votes

10 reads

= next chap!! ALSO NEXT WEDNESDAY