Eyes on You 28

-Recap-

 “You know Matt, what he felt, reminded me of Tell her by Jesse McCartney.

If you see my girl
Just tell her I miss her smile
Tell her I'm counting the minutes
Gonna see her in a little while
I know when she
Holds on to me
She's the one thing that I could never live without
Oh, oh, oh, oh
And tell her I love her.

It’s just a part of it. But when I recited the whole lyrics, I will cry.” I told Matt. Matt nodded and hugged me.

I cried, when I heard that. Poor Dean! I bet he lost his footings at the moment. Who should he believe in? I hope I could clear it up for him.

***

It didn’t take too many problems for me to go home. I already told Mom that I had to meet Dean first, because I didn’t want to prolong his agonies. So, my family would wait for me at home. She already told James the whole things and he was okay with it. He talked about it to Vince too and surprisingly he supported us. I thought he would throw a fit or something, because I went to Matt’s house.

Matt was the one that escorting me there, he took a leave for today. Currently, Dean was living with him, because it was too much for him to bear to stay at his home. It reminded him of his pain.

I was standing in front of the hospital with Matt. Vince stood before me and pleaded, “Rose, please help him.”

“I will try as best as I can, Vince.” I tried to assure him. He nodded and then hugged me. He whispered thank you in my ears and kissed my cheek. I told him to go back to work. He did as I said hesitantly and waved goodbye. I couldn’t bear to see his sad face. It was different emotions, when you could see the person’s face when he was sad. It was more painful, than when you only heard his voice. He looked so broken.

Matt took my hand and guided me to his car. He parked in front of the hospital, special parking slots for doctors and hospital staffs. His car was Audi. When I asked him, he said the type was A4 or something. I never looked at any cars before, so any cars would make me look in awe. He laughed at my face, but I didn’t care. His car was small and sleek, but comfortable. Even if I wanted to describe each part, I couldn’t because I didn’t really know what they were called. I sighed and thought that I got so much to learn.

There was so much that a little girl could remember and the time when I was blind made me forgetting a lot of things. I hoped Matt and my family would be patient enough to teach me slowly.

Before I opened the car’s door, Matt opened it for me first. I giggled, because he was such a gentleman. I sat down and made myself comfortable.  The seat was soft and smooth, it felt like heaven. His car smelled like Vanilla, hmm . . . so yummy. Matt got in and sat down in front of the steering wheel. I knew that part, because my mom said that thing so many times when James was driving. Be careful of this and that! You should made the steering wheel went like this and like that. Actually, it was a bit annoying to hear, but no one dared to say anything.

“What are you daydreaming of, Rose?” Matt asked me.

Oops! I didn’t realize that zoned of for a little bit. “Nothing. Just thinking of my family.” He nodded silently, and then I asked him, “So, how long is the trip to your house?”

“Well . . . around fifteen minutes. Are you hungry? Do you want to eat first or -?” He gave me a choice to eat first, but I wasn’t really hungry. My stomach was swirling around, because of my nervousness. I just hoped that I didn’t vomit in the car. I heard boys usually loved their cars so much. I didn’t think it would become a nice impression.

“I’m not hungry. The sooner we do this the better. Are you sure Dean is at home?” I tried to make sure that he was there.

“Yes.” He sighed. “He never leaves my house and goes out. I don’t know; it seems like he is a walking zombie. I have to force him to eat and he always tries to get drunk. It even makes me hiding all the liquors in my house. I didn’t know what else I could do. It’s killing me to see him like that.” Matt explained to me. I could see the sadness in his eyes. He was really worried about Dean.