chapter 9: This Is Da Field Trip! (2nd day)

Dear Readers,

I'm back! lol Well to begin with, I've been to school land where homework rules and free time barely manages to survive. It's a shame I know, but oh well c' est la vie.

Enjoy the new chapter :) and lots of thanks to all of you who gave this story 1000 reads. THANK YOU!

By the way, it took me like a week to write this and it's kind of weird how at some point it's funny, then dramatic and lastly romantic. My moods effect my writing sometimes so please bear with me.

_____________________________________________________________________________

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the birds were singing until....

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh get off me you stupid clinging monkey!"

Oh yes it was a beautiful and serene day.

"What the hell Avery?" Ray was rubbing the spot on his head where she had harshly hit him. 

"You tell me! Why in the whole universe was your leg and hand on top of me?! You idiot you almost killed me!"

"Stop being such a drama queen. You were so small that I thought you were my pillow" a smirk appeared on his lips and then...

"Small you say? SMALL YOU SAY!" Avery got up and she was furious, no, something beyond furious. Her eyes were burning and as she stared at him, it became intimidating for him to look at her.

Another hit, another fight, another scream and the obvious happened. Everyone was awake.

1 hour later

Avery was just siting around the fire outside waiting for the food to be prepared. She didn't really care about the food, it wasn't her responsibility and she wasn't particularly hungry either. She was just siting there and she was a mess, a blushing mess. Just at the thought of Ray having his arms wrapped around her while they were sleeping, made the blood rise to her face. 

Jessica sat beside her and as soon as Avery noticed her, she pushed the silly images out of her head, because that's what they were for her, and she managed to calm her heart down.

"What happened in there?" Jessica wondered as she curiously stared at her best friend.

Avery couldn't help but silently scowl at her friend's forwardness. Jessica was known for her straight to the point character and her daring words. But Avery could not say what had happened, it was too embarrassing. It never ceased to surprise her though how in such a short amount of time she had come so close with someone while with the people that were supposed to be there for her, she had grown apart.

The last time she had slept in the same bed with someone was years ago and it was with her mom when she would have nightmares. But that was many years ago and feeling the warmth of another body so close to her, made her realize why she had been so cold. Not cold as in she didn't have enough covers, but cold as in empty and lonely. Last night was a reminder of the happy days she used to have with her parents, the care and love she would receive as a child.

All that now seemed to be far away for her, memories lost in the past which had better stay buried deep in her heart and soul. After all, who wants unnecessary memories bothering their present while they know the future will be as blurry as a foggy day without the sun.

A sigh escaped her lips as she looked up at a confused Jessica.

"Nothing happened, I just saw a spider and Ray refused to kill it because he is an animal activist who wants to protect animals' rights." Sometimes, she even managed to impress herself when it came to her wild imagination.