chapter 10: This is Da Field Trip (3rd Day)

Enjoy :)

______________________________

In the middle of the night, at around two o'clock there was a deafening sound coming from outside from Avery's and Ray's tent.

"Hey, Ray, stop snoring you idiot" Avery kept nudging and pushing him but as she saw Ray glaring at her with his mouth tightly closed she realized that the one making the audible and annoying sounds had not been him.

Ray turned around mumbling angrily and she was left staring at his back.

"Didn't you hear that? Come on Ray wake up"

"Will you just let me sleep I mean like seriously I'm not asking for much" he spat as he faced her. She made a mental note to never interrupt again a sleeping Ray. Avery scowled at him and motioned for him to be quite. Listen she mouthed at him.

One minute passed, five minutes passed and there was only silense.

"I regret ever coming in your tent, in fact it would have been so much better if I had stayed with Jack and Jessica" the face that he made didn't actually confirm his words.

"Do you seriously mean that?" Avery asked him and raised her eyebrow questioningly.

Ray just growled loudly and went to sleep again. Avery was about to do the same but the sound was heard again.

"Roar"

They both sat up and they glanced at each other then at the tent where shadows from outside were casted on it.

"Oh what the hell, I want to sleep" Ray said exasperately and made a move to unzip their tent so he could see what was going on, but before he had the chance to take a step forwards, Avery grabbed his arm and pulled him back towards her side.

"Are you an idiot?" a sigh escaped her lips but she was far from being relaxed. Her hands were slightly sweating and shaking. Avery had her eyes pinned at the tents zipper and her hand was still holding onto Ray.

"What if it is some zombie? or a monster?". A small chuckled was emitted from Ray as she kept rumbling on.

"Do you seriously believe that?" he recalled her words after she had managed to calm down.

"No" she replied sheepishly while scratching the back of her head awkwardly.

"But what if it is a bear or a wolf?" she restated and this time Ray's face became more serious and thoughtful. He opened his mouth to speak but he was interrupted by a high pitched scream.

Avery recognised the voice as Jessica's and without a second thought she swiftly moved towards the tents exit to rush to her aid. Ray though was faster than her and managed to get a hold of her before she could get out. He pulled her back just like she had done a minute ago. Avery tried to escape from his hold but it was impossible, he was way stronger than her and even though she knew that she wouldn't stop fighting back.

"Let me go, that's my best friend that could be in danger" by now she was at the verge of tears. Avery felt helpless and so restrained, she wanted to do something, to make sure that her friend wasn't hurt but Ray was standing in the way.

"I know" he spoke softly "I'll go first". His words caught her off guard and all she could do was nod approvingly.

After a few minutes they both went out only to find everyone else outside as well. Apparently it had been a prank schemed by the boys of the last group. Jessica had been alright but just like Avery she had been scared as well with the only difference that she couldn't take it calmly so she had screamed.