Chapter 5: Not In A Million, Billion Or Even Zillion Years!

New chapter, after a long time lol, enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Avery stomped her foot on the hard floor and crossed her arms over her chest with a scowl embellishing her lips. "Not in a million or billion or even zillion years!" Jessica kept ignoring her friend's sudden dramatic outburst when she had been told about her idea. "Look Avs it's just a double date with Jack, me, you and Ray, what could possibly go wrong?".

One hour later. 

It had been already five minutes that the four of them had entered the restaurant and Ray was already causing a scene. "Take your eyes off her, she's mine" Ray growl echoed throughout the whole area. "Yeah what he said!- Wait what?! What the hell do you think this is? Some Edward/Bella novel? Get real! I'm nobody's." Avery retorted at him and Ray had a hard look on his face, half of it aimed at the shameless waiter and the other half aimed at an irrational and overly stupid Avery.

Jessica was silently staring at them arguing for no particular reason. "Man I knew it was a bad idea to bring those two with us" a defeated sigh escaped her lips and they all couldn't agree more. "Hell yeah, it was a bad idea, why did you invite this self centered jerk anyways, why not someone else?" Avery's icy voice left them all with an open mouth.

Ray couldn't help but feel hurt by her words but he wasn't going to be the weak one. "Maybe they brought me because apparently no one else was willing to put up with an all time complaining nerd like yourself. Not to mention you almost got my brother into a freaking accident."

A few awkward seconds passed by but even if hours passed, the shock wouldn't make its way out of Avery's eyes as she stared at him with disappointment and regret. "I've heard enough, I'm out of here" Avery swiftly grabbed her purse, shoved the wooden chair to the side with too much force and jogged out of the luxurious restaurant's door.

Ray was left behind gazing at the now empty spot where she was once standing. That fight was no good, it shouldn't have happened, he knew it that it just made things worse. He hadn't meant to sound so harsh and accusing, but he did and he couldn't regret it more than he already did. With his heart beating faster from worry and uneasiness, he left Jack and Jessica with a goodbye and left as well.

As he exited the building, his nose caught a whiff of Avery's sweet scent and the romantic thing to say at that moment would be that he felt like a werewolf, but the truth was that he felt more like a dog sniffing around. It was pathetic and creepy but he couldn't resist the tempting scent that was fiercely attacking his sensitive nose. He had to find her.

The night air started dancing around Avery's small frame, messing her hair and causing it to bounce in different directions. Had it been under other circumstances, she would have been mad for having her hair ruined but at the moment her hair is the last things she cared about. Everything seemed to be so serene at this part of the city, just too serene and silent for her own comfort. By now there wasn't even the slightest of a noise, and the fact that the sun had already set, it made her discomfort grow on a larger scale.

Shifting around, she tightly grasped her jacket and pulled it closer to cover her neck which was suffering from the cool air, causing small shivers to run through her body. To say that she hadn't expected Ray to act like he did, would be a lie. She knew that that double date was only meant to cause more trouble, it was predictable. But still she had had the urge to go for no apparent reason, or was it that she actually wanted to get on his skin.

The serenity had been disturbed by movements from behind her that were quite audible. Footsteps, that's what Avery had heard but when she turned around a person's figure was hidden in the shadows. Her mind went wild with all the kind of scenarios that could take place, unfortunately they were all bad. Seconds passed and the sound of crunching leaves pierced through the starless and moonless night. Avery picked up her pace but still the person behind her wouldn't give up, wherever she went, he would follow.