chapter 12: Let's be 007 until midnight

Enjoy :)

_______________

Avery woke up to the sound of laughing. Looking at her nightstand, the watch said six in the morning. Only zombies are awake at this hour and now she was as well.

Weirdly enough though she remembered her mom telling her she wouldn't be home for a couple of days due to reasons that Avery was unaware of. So the main question here is who in the world was in the house and laughing as if the world would end on that same day. Something about that laughter though reminded her of someone with the same laughter.

After understanding what was happening she bolted from her bed and grabbed the first thing that popped in front of her.

Tiptoeing down the hall she reached the living room and as she approached the source of the laughter she held the object above her head tightly. All sorts of scenarios passed through her head.

She shook her head so she could stop thinking too much about it or else she would panic. Surely, believing that the house was under attack by thieves wouldn't be healthy for anyone's nerves. She calmed herself down by thinking that she had even dealt with a gang before so this was no big deal.

Then she suddenly jumped in front of the culprit with a high pitched "aha" and she was just about to hit him with the deadly object she was holding when she realised who it was. Ray.

Avery frowned deeply and dropped her hand to her side. Ray slightly moved his head to the side to give her a small grin "really Avery" he said and the way he said her name sent waves of warmth to her tummy, "a mic?" he concluded with a chuckle.

For a moment there she lost him but when she finally noticed what she was holding she frowned even more.

"Someone had a wild karaoke night" he added fully laughing now. Out of instinct and with a wounded pride she threw the mic at his chest, but with his really fast ninja reflexes he caught before it could even touch him.

That only got him a snicker from her. "What are you doing in my house at six in the morning?" she crossed her arms over her chest.

He leaned at the end of the couch with a smile on his face. "Your mother asked from my mom to watch you out while she's away. But my mom had to leave really early for her work so I got the keys that your mom left us and came to check out on you." when he ended his speech he was no longer smiling. A cold stare had replaced his previously amused gaze.

"Don't give me that look" she demanded, "nobody forced you to come here, you could have just lied to your mom". It bothered her to think that he was annoyed by her.

Ray sighed deeply and entangled his fingers with his hair. She noticed he always did that when he was frustrated.

"You just shouldn't be all alone here" he exclaimed softly. She was beyond surprised.

"Are you worried about me?" she asked with doubt filling her mind. He just nodded and stared at her waiting for her reaction.

She dropped her defensive stance and bit down on her lip to prevent a smile from creeping on her lips. That small nod he gave her with so much confidence made her think for a moment that she was a bird ready to fly and never get down on earth again. It made her happy.

"Well since you're alright, I should go." before he could take a step though he heard a soft mumble coming from her lips. "What?" he questioned her. "I said thank you" she repeated with a smile adoring her face. He smiled at her and left.

Then she wondered what had he been laughing at. Then she noticed something yellow on the chair beside her. She growled loudly and that's when she died again and again. He had been laughing at her bra with spongebob plastered on it.