A Haunting Past

I was 24 years old at the time when I became engaged to my boyfriend. Everything moved fairly quickly, and we began house haunting. We fell in love with a beautiful two story house with a huge balcony that led out from the master bedroom and a pool. It was love at first sight with the house. We rented it immediately for an incredibly low price. It took me and my fiancé two months to move into the home. We would go in every week to drop off furniture or to do maintenance on the garden. On one of my visits I noticed the curtains in my bedroom open. Since the owner had warned me that the sliding glass double doors in my bedroom didn't lock. I always made sure I closed the blinds and left the light on so people would think the house wasn't empty. I got worried someone might be coming into the house I asked my older brother to stay there for a few days while I finished moving everything in. The first night my brother called me and told me that he heard someone open my bedroom door and walk down the stairs. Since this scared him. He asked his best friend to come sleep with him the next night. They set up and slept on the couches in the living room. In between them was a glass table. They were awoken by the sound of someone slapping the glass, hard enough to make the glass vibrate for a few seconds later. 

It was too late to take back the deposit and I had signed a contact for a year. So I decided to go forth with it. The day before I moved in I decided to buy darker blinds for my room. My mother was with. So I asked for her to stay in the car and I would run to my room and change out the blinds. Since I had forgotten my keys I decided to go in through my balcony door. I'm very short so I had to get a ladder to switch out the curtains. As I'm switching them out, I hear my bedroom door -- also double doors -- start to open behind me. I look back and see the doors are wide open. I come down from the ladder and go close the doors. As I'm walking away I hear the door knob turning. I turn around and rush to close the doors. As I'm fixing to lock the doors. I fell the knob turning. I put my weight on the door when I feel someone push. Like two heavy hands pushing to open the door. The house was too big and I was on the other side for me to yell to my mother for help. It stopped. I ran out of the house frantic. I told my fiancé and he explained it must have been the wind. I told him wind doesn't turn knobs. But we moved in anyways. 

The next year was entertaining to say the least. We had everything from orbs flying around in our guest room. To dark figures looming over us at the top of the stairs when we would have guest in the house. The sound of a heavy metal rod being dragged in our pool area and sensor lights flicking on at the same time. We would hear walking up and down the stairs at night. Some nights we would hear someone jumping down from the attic, which was in my closet. We would hear those steps run through my room and unto my wooden balcony. We even had noises of furniture being moved which could only be heard from downstairs. 

My fiancé tells me he has to go away for a family emergency back to Texas. I refused to stay alone so I asked my older sister to come and stay in my extra bedroom. For three nights I had a recurring nightmare. I kept seeing a white female with red hair, only her face would appear and it looked like she had been hurt, she was covered in blood. I'd be woken up every night from this image. On the third night I fell back asleep after this dream. And in my dream my sister walks into my bedroom and tells me. " Mirna I know why your house is haunted now". She walks me out to my balcony and on a huge tree. Two man are hanging and dangling. Both dead and both wearing old fashion clothing. In my dream my house was white and blue. My house was painted in a cream color. So I thought it was just a dream. 

When my fiancé finally came back I told him about the nightmares I've been having. Now after he experienced the house, he was a believer. So he suggested we take a walk. Behind my house there were a few lakes dividing the houses in my community. We began walking and joking about his family back home when something stops me in my tracks. I froze there for a few seconds. When I look to my left. I see the same tree I had seen in my dreams. Huge with a distinct texture to it. On the tallest branches hung two black bags. Too thin for someone to climb those branches and place them there. And those bags blew in the wind just as the bodies had in my dream. And facing this tree was a white and blue house. A house I had never seen before. 

I decided to move out. Feeling that whatever was going on in this house was too much for me to handle. Since my lease wasn't over I offered the house to my brother. After a few days living there. My brother calls me and tells me he saw a woman with red hair walk out of the room that used to be my room, and walk down the stairs.