The Theater

Let's go to downtown Sacramento and stop at a building that is 66 years old. That building is The Sacramento Theater Company on 1419 H Street, Sacramento. The place has a reputation. It's reputed to be very haunted. On October 23, 2007, Tuesday, I meet up with HPI paranormal investigators: Shannon 'Ms. Macabre' McCabe - President; Tim Hawkins - Lead Investigator; Chris Grissom - Scout/Technician; Michele Stump - Researcher/Scout; Donna Reynolds, Cherie Vincent - Scout. We set up equipment at 5:30pm, we will be here until 10pm. I am introduced to Marketing Director/Sensitive Kim Kaplan and Costume Shop Manager Jessica Minnihan. Two very lovely ladies that have stories to tell. Kim has only been here for one month and strange things started happening to her. The cabinet in her office fell down by itself and another time, the pipes fell from the roof. Jessica has experienced very strange things too, such as in the upstairs costume shop, the lights went off by itself. In the backstage corridor, she has heard heavy breathing and footsteps, she continued walking and then she heard someone whisper her name, she turned around to sucker punch her stalker and there was no one there. At times spools of thread fly off the shelves on their own. She has no explanation for these strange occurrences, except that perhaps this place is truly haunted.

Jessica identifies 7 entities at this theater, they are:

Pinky: Resides in costume shop, some people think she was once the manager of this establishment. There is controversy on her gender, some people think she is female, others think male. Since Jessica says that she emits a pink orb, I would go with female. Pinky likes to play with buttons on costumes and plays with the lights. She can be found throughout the theater, she likes to play pranks. Pinky once saved a technician from a falling lightbar and pulled him away to safety. Pinky is a heroine!

Two Hungarian Lovers: They fell in love in this theater, were once separated and reunited in this theater and now they remain here after death.

Louie The Stagehand: I will call this entity Louie, because I heard the same story that Jessica told back in the 70s and the people who told me, said the man is named Louie. Louie supposingly fell to his death from the grid or rafters or maybe even the catwalk. No one is really sure. Louie was possibly an actor too.

The Ghostly Opera Singer: Sometimes people can hear her sing in the theater. Some actors and actresses make claim to see ghostly apparitions in their mirrors, when they are getting ready for a play.

The Sound Theater Entity: Strange noises are heard, it's believed an entity is in this area.

Kaplan's Office Ghost: In Kim Kaplan's office, there is a ghost, the cause of the falling pipes and cabinet? Perhaps... Just perhaps.

Kim tells me that one stage manager doesn't want to be bothered by ghosts and will walk around the theater with her Ipod on, so she won't be bothered or needlessly frightened. On this night, we had visitors. Not ghostly visitors, but we had the media following us around. We had a representative of KFBK interviewing Shannon, Fox TV News was there and then the very colorful JayMarzz (pronounced J-Mars) and his lovely partner Michele Espo with him. They are from KBMB 103. 5 The Bomb. I let JayMarzz and Michele use my Listen Up Sound Enhancer and Michele picked up a man breathing hard and making a sighing noise, then she heard it again and it totally freaked her out and ran out screaming from the actor preparation room.

FINDINGS:

Cherie Vincent picked up a woman saying 'hi' on her electronic audio recorder. Cherie takes some orb shots throughout the theater.

Paul Dale Roberts picks up a woman sighing on his sound enhancer. I also pick up organ music that is heard by Kim Kaplan.

Kim Kaplan: Using my sound enhancer hears a man humming. With her own ears, she hears the organ music. Kim used her own dowsing rods and learns that Pinky's real name starts with a G, she is in her 20s and was once an actress. Kim's cell phone shuts off mysteriously and then starts vibrating mysteriously.