The Black Orb

Ever since I can remember I have been cursed with empathic abilities. Not to mention the ability to see, and hear ghosts.

One night as I lay halfway between sleep, and awake, I was suddenly fully aware of everything around me, as if my eyes where open I could see all of my surroundings. I was suddenly walking up the hall of my house and approaching the doorway to my room, and as I turned into my room, I saw myself laying there. I dually aware of what I was seeing, and where I really was laying. I had to open my eyes, to prove that what I was experiencing was just a vivid daydream, if you will.

To my horror, when I opened my eyes, there in the doorway, was a large black orb.

Suddenly, I was paralyzed, and unable to speak, or call for help.

I could feel pressure building on my chest, and something seemed to be pulling my soul out of my body, as if trying to enter my body and take over. With every ounce of strength I could muster, I cried out loud: " Jesus ", at first it sounded like croaking.But I continued to say " Jesus ", over and over again, for what seemed like an eternity.

Finally when I could finally hear a recognizable sound of " Jesus ", I also said " Help me!".

By the way I was raised Jewish, so in my religion Jesus is not he Messiah, so it seems funny that the mere mention of Jesus began to run this thing, that was attacking me, off.

Finally it was gone, and I lay there with the lights on unable to sleep until the first light of dawn, thinking and re-thinking what had just happend to me, and why. I was very much into witchcraft and paganism, but only did white magic why would this happen to me I wondered.

This was when I was 16 years old. It has happened to me several times over the past 20 years, and only by saying "Jesus Help" does it go away. I do not know what this thing is, but I have been told that the closer to God a person is the more they are tempted or tormented. I have , as a result of these experiences, come to believe in Jesus, and the power of his love, but it took all these awful waking nightmares to bring me there. It still happens, but I know now that the mentioning of Jesus is stronger than any dark entity. That alone gives me some security.