Rosy like the Leaves

***Edited***

I woke up the next morning to find that Kol had joined us and was now spooning me. I yawned alerting the boys of my awakening. They both held tighter while Nik started rubbing his thumb across my knuckles and Kol traced circles on my hip. "Good morning boys."

"Good morning Darling. You look stunning as always," Kol said.

"Good morning love. He is right you are absolutely exquisite," Nik agreed.

I blushed at their complements. Before they could notice my rosy cheeks I hid my face in Niks chest and groaned, "I really hate mornings."

They both laughed at me and Kol stood up. "Well Little One they are essential so get up out of bed and we will find something to keep you entertained."

Nik nodded but didn't let go of my hand until Kol had left the room. "You really are beautiful love especially when you blush," with that he got up and left the room while I stared at the ceiling blushing again.

The boys and I decided to spend the day in the woods again and convinced Finn to join us. I was chasing after him when Lijah tripped over a tree branch. I caught him before he could face plant and we both started laughing. He smiled and said, "Thanks for catching me before I fell Eli."

I shouted over my shoulder, "You're welcome Lijah," as I took off running again.

Henrik eventually joined us in our game along with Mikael. He was doing great until I managed to scoop him up in my arms. I started tickling his sides and cheering, "I win, I win," but he managed to squirm his way out of my grasp while laughing. Just as he got away I felt my feet get lifted off the ground.

"I don't think so Little Warrior," Mikael said. I pouted and all of the boys started laughing at me. He sat me back down and I crossed my arms.

"But I won," I whined.

Finn walked over fake pouting at me and tugged a strand of my hair, "Too bad Little Red." I frowned more and he poked my cheek. "Come on now where's that sunny smile?" he asked. I started to blush but my smile did come back.

After our game we walked back to the Mikaelson house for dinner where Bekah and Esther were. We all laughed as we walked in and sat down to eat. Esther was frowning and Bekah had a blank face though her eyes looked glassy and her cheeks were red.

When we finished supper Nik volunteered to walk me home where my parents were waiting with the twins. "I had fun today, thank you for giving me a reason to get out of bed. You're the bestest friend anyone could ask for," I stated.

He smiled and squeezed my hand three times, "You're welcome love. I think you have that backwards, you're the bestest friend anyone could ask for."

I kissed his cheek and walked to my door, "Agree to disagree? Good night Nik, I love you."

He smiled wider and replied, "Agree to disagree. Good night Love, I love you too." He turned and started on his way back home.

I walked into the house to find my parents and siblings eating dinner. I smiled at them and I smiled at them and my mother asked, "Where have you been?" I stopped and turned to face them completely.

"You weren't home so I was at the Mikaelsons," I stated. She nodded and my father pointed at the empty spot at the table.

"Well we're here now so take a seat," he instructed.

I nodded and sat down starting to frown. "How was your trip?" I asked. They all stopped eating but no one answered. My frown deepened and I went to stand up.

"Where the bloody hell do you think you're going?" my mother asked.

"My room since no one wants to talk to me," I responded.

She scoffed, "I don't think so. You are staying at this table and we're having family time." I made my face blank concealing my anger and stayed while they ate and joked with each other not saying another word to me.

After they finished supper I cleaned the dishes and they all went to their rooms to rest after their trip. I sighed and walked to my room when I finished the last plate. I changed into my night clothes and sat down to write in my diary.

Dearest Diary,

The past few days have been fun. I always enjoy the time I spend with the Mikaelson's. Finn surprised me today. He doesn't usually come outside to play with us. He even gave me a compliment. I'm glad he was able to have some fun and lighten up, being serious all of the time isn't good for your soul. I hope Bekah is okay. Even though she wore a blank face it looked like she had been crying. I wonder if anyone else noticed? I'm worried for Lijah. He trips so often I'm afraid one of these days he's going to fall off a cliff. Kol and Nik's compliments this morning made me feel good about myself. Sometimes I think I act too manly for my own good. I think I've blushed more today than I have my whole life. The cold weather certainly didn't help keep the red away from my cheeks. The reds, oranges, and yellows on the trees are so pretty. I really love this season. Henrik loves it even more than me. He felt so light earlier when I lifted him up. I hope he is eating enough. Mikael surprised me as well. He usually only plays games with us after supper. I noticed he was avoiding Nik while we played though and that isn't right. I always hate when he does this. He is like a father to me but the way he treats Nik infuriates me. I wish my family would just be honest with me and tell me whatever it is they're hiding. Every time they go on a trip it's like this. They never answer any of my questions and they always leave me here by myself then get angry when I go to the Mikaelson's house. Sometimes the Mikaelson's feel more like my family than my actual family does especially Nik since were only 3 days apart and best friends. I've spent more time with them since I was born than I have with my family. I love them all so much. If anything ever happened to them I think I'd lose my mind. If anything happened to me I think they might do the same. Anyways that's all for tonight.

Love,

Nina