It's a blessing and a curse

*Eugene's POV*
We were having a blast at practice. Tonight, we leave for state. We have to get there a day early so we can practice on the field and get used to being in such a big stadium. We aren't a very big school, only a class A ranking. So the school stadiums we play in are tiny compared to the class AA stadium we will be playing in on Friday. "Alright boys listen up. Meet back at the high school by 7:00. It's only a two hour drive to Sanford so we should arrive at the hotel around nine. Pack some supper for tonight since we aren't stopping anywhere. Remember to bring your money and please don't forget any of your equipment. Before we leave tonight, remind me to tell you who will be in your rooms." Mr. T yelled.

"Yes sir." We all mumbled.

"Good, now go home and pack up your things. Tomorrow will be a busy day!" He yelled as he clapped his hands. I quickly packed up my bag and headed towards the door. Before I got out of the school, a hand pulled me back.

"Eugene." Jack yelled.

"What?" I asked. He pulled me over to the side, letting everyone pass us.

"I need to tell you something." Jack whispered.

"Can't it wait?" I asked. I don't think he remembered how far out of town I lived. If I was going to pack and be back in town by seven I needed to leave. Now.

"No, it can't."

"Don't you know how far out I live?" I asked.

"Yeah, you'll be fine. Besides, you speed anyway." Jack argued.

"Fine, but make it quick." I grumbled.

"It's about my meeting with Tonya." Jack said.

"Don't you want to wait and tell Kristoff and me at the same time?" I asked. Jack seemed to be thinking it over, debating about what to do.

"Fine. But you'll have to keep quiet. I don't want anyone to find out what I'm going to tell you guys." Jack replied.

"Okay. See ya Jack." I said as I headed out the door. I quickly sped home and packed my bag. I quickly made a sandwich and packed it.

"Hey Eugene. Tonight's the send off right?" Dad asked as I walked towards the door.

"Yeah. If you want to send us off, you should probably leave now." I chuckled.

"Alright. I'll see you there." Dad replied.

"Bye!" I yelled as I slammed the door. I quickly hopped into my pickup and drove to the high school. I decided to eat my sandwich on the way to the school so I didn't have to eat it on the bus. I parked my car beside Jack's and ran to the front door. I took out my phone to check the time. 6:50.

"Wow Eugene. Way to be early." Kristoff said.

"At least I'm not late." I smirked.

"That's a first." Jack snorted. We all talked until Mr. T came out of the school.

"Who's ready to come home with a state title?" Mr. T yelled. We all cheered. We were going to win state or die trying. I know, sounds a little extreme for a high school sport, but we meant it. Soon, all of the parents had us take pictures with each other. The moms had Rapunzel, Jack, Kristoff, and me take a picture together.

"That's a keeper!" Regina smiled as she looked at her photo.

"Ooos, take one on my phone. I want to paint this picture later." Rapunzel smiled as she handed Regina her phone.

"Everyone say, "State Bound!" Regina cheered.

"State Bound!" We smiled. She handed Rapunzel back her phone so we could look it over.