It's a surprise

*Rapunzel's POV*
This was it. I sat down in my chair in Miss Sarah's classroom. I looked nervously around the room, afraid of what my fellow classmates would think of my song. Would they enjoy it or would they make me the laughing stock of the school? Sudden talking interrupted my thoughts. "I hope you finished your songs because today, you're going to present them to the class. I'm going to close my eyes and whoever I land on on the sitting chart will perform, okay?" Miss Sarah asked. Everyone murmured in agreement. "Alright, here we go." Miss Sarah said as she moved her finger over the laminated paper. "Elsa." Miss Sarah smiled. She's in this class?

"Okay." Elsa nervously said. She walked to the front of the class while people murmured behind her. She handed Miss Sarah her sheet music and walked over to the microphone. "Hey everyone. This piece is called Let it Go and I hope you enjoy." Elsa weakly smiled. Miss Sarah took that as her cue to start playing the opening. Elsa took a deep breath and began.

The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen. A kingdom of isolation and it looks I'm the queen. The wind is howling like this swirling storm inside. Couldn't keep it in, heaven knows I tried. Don't let them in, don't let them see. Be the good girl you always have to be. Conceal don't feel, don't let them know. Well now they know!

Let it go. Let it go. Can't hold it back anymore! Let it go. Let it go. Turn away and slam the door. I don't care, what they're going to say! Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway.

It funny how some distance makes everything seem small and the fears that once controlled me, can't get to me at all. It's time to see what I can do, to test the limit and break though. No right, no wrong, no rules for me! I'm free!

Let it go! Let it go! I am one with the wind and sky! Let it go! Let it go! You'll never see me cry! Here I stand and here I'll stay! Let the storm rage on!

My power flurries through the air into the ground. My soul is spiraling in frozen fractals around. And one thought crystallizes like an ice blast, I'm never going back, the past is in the past!

Let it go! Let it go! And I'll rise like the break on dawn! Let it go! Let it go! That perfect girl is gone! Here I stand, in the light of day! Let the storm rage on! The cold never bothered me anyway.

Everyone was so stunned that the shy girl could sing with such a powerful voice. I finally came back to reality and cheered as loud as I could. Everyone joined in with me, chanting her name and telling her how wonderful she sang. There's no way I could top that.

"That was beautiful Elsa! Let's see who's up next." Miss Sarah cheered. She shut her eyes as she picked the next student. She opened her eyes and smiled big. "Rapunzel!" I grabbed my guitar and walked down to the front of the class. I handed Miss Sarah the piano music. "Are you playing your guitar?" She asked.

"Yeah." I smiled I tuned my guitar and walked to the mic. "Hey guys! So this won't be as good as Elsa's but I think you'll like it. I wrote this song awhile ago so if some of the lyrics don't make sense, you know why." I giggled. Everyone chuckled along with me. "Oh, almost forgot. My song is called When Will My Life Begin?" I smiled and looked at Miss Sarah. I strummed out my intro and took a deep breath, ready to sing.

7 AM the usual morning line up. Start on the chores and sweep till the floor's all clean. Polish and wax, do laundry and mop and shine up. Sweep again and by then it's like 7:15.

And so I'll read a book or maybe two or three. I'll add a few new painting to my gallery. I'll play guitar and knit and cook and basically just wonder when will my life begin?

Then after lunch it's puzzles and darts and baking. Paper mache, a bit of ballet and chess. Pottery and ventriloquy, candle making. Then I'll stretch, maybe sketch, take a climb, sew a dress!