Family First

Juliet woke me up by accident. She was stroking my hair and I woke up to her touch. "Sorry" she mumbled. I sat up, it was her comfort to stroke my hair when she was sad. "You ok?" I asked gently pulling her hair behind her ears. "Yeah I'm just scared I will mess up being married" I smiled gently. "You couldn't even if you tried baby girl" I kissed her head and she smiled. "Love you Ricky boo" she hugged me tight. "Love you more". I decided today I would go home instead of crashing Juliet's house. "I'm gonna go home today, thank you so much" I stood up and pulled my jacket over me. Ju frowned. "Oh ok" she looked away and I squeezed her hand as I walked past. I decided to drive because I had all my junk. It was only a short drive and so I began climbing the mountain of stairs. I arrived at my apartment and saw a 'To let' sign hanging there. I looked to my side and saw my landlord. "Why is it up to let?" I asked straight away, "Your partner told me you were moving away and thanks for being a good landlord" he said confused. I thought my head might fall off. What had Chris done? "Um yeah I better go speak to him. Did he take all the stuff?" He nodded, "Yep its empty. See you Ricky" I nodded and trailed back down the stairs. I was a mixture of confused and angry with Chris. Why had he kicked us out? I sighed as I threw my bags into the backseat and drove back to Juliet. I left the bags in my car and decided to go have a rant to Ju. I opened the door but I was surrounded by the dark. I flicked the light and three bangs alarmed me. Ju, Devin and Chris laughed. "Welcome home Ricky!" Chris smiled. I again thought my head might fall off,"What do you mean?" I asked. Ju grinned at me, "Both me and my wonderful husband agreed things wouldn't be right without you two and so we asked Chris for a surprise for you!" I smiled "Thank you this means more than I can explain" I gave Ju and Devin a tight hug before hugging Chris. "I hate you for making me walk those stairs" I mumbled into his chest. "Love you too" he giggled before kissing me lightly. I couldn't ever stay mad at him he had me twisted around his little finger. I looked to Ju and Devin who were interwined on the sofa and Devin kissed her cheek. I sat down oppostite them when Devin stood up to go speak to Chris. I studied my little best friend, her bright red hair fell straight onto her collarbones. She had a tight beanie on her hair which tucked away her fringe letting me see her eyes. Her deep hazel eyes concentrated on her phone. She smiled so often and each time she did I grinned too. Her nose ring was shining and so was her wedding ring. My bestfriend was amazing I thought. I went to sit next to her and she rested her head on my shoulder. "So Ju, I think it's time we talk about the phase. It's haunted me since we found out about Chris". She avoided my eyes and lifted up my shirt, she traced my stomach gently. " It was a stupid argument, I told you that you were too skinny. You said I was jealous because I was fat and then I said you would end up killing yourself and.I didnt care. God I hated myself after that, you couldn't talk to me and I hated myself and that's when everything with Chris happened" She told me. I felt myself go cold, "I do care, I care a hell of a lot Ricky. I'm sorry". I looked down at her, "I'm sorry too". She half smiled, "So I want to do this" she reached inside her jacket and pulled out two rings. "These are promise rings, I want you and me to promise that we will always be Ricky and Juliet. The troublesome duo". She slipped the ring on my little finger and she did the same on hers. "I promise" I linked my finger with hers. I smiled as she wrapped her arms around me. She looked up at me and giggled "Ricky we need a family photo!" She went to the kitchen and dragged out Chris and Devin. She pulled out her phone and put her free arm around my back and we all held onto each other and pulled a silly face and she took it. I loved the outcome. I actually had a family now.