The Next Step

I woke up to Ju stroking my hair and Devin talking to a doctor. I could hear again and I felt relaxed knowing I hadn't nearly died. Again. The doctor left and Ju smiled down at me. "Ricky, are you ok?" she asked quietly. "I'm fine what's going on?" I said as I sat up. Ju looked sad and so Devin spoke "It turns out you had mild heart failure. It's bought on by panic or stress. It hasn't done any long term damage but you have to rest" He said. Ju stood up with tears in her eyes "Sorry" she sniggered before going to stand outside. "She thought she lost you again it bought back the last time. I'll go talk to her" Devin smiled and went to go speak to Ju. I walked to the window and watched Devin take away her tears and kiss her gently. She hugged him tight and they both smiled. Ju came back in with Devin's hand interwined with her own. "I think I knew what bought it on" I said. "What happened?" Ju asked. "When I kissed Chris and told him I loved him I freaked out because I had let him back in and then my hearing went blank and I saw Devin pick me up" I whispered. Ju nodded in understanding. "Chris is really worried you know, he won't talk to me but I can tell" Ju said biting her lip. She turned around and traced the disney tattoo that was on Devin's forearm. "You're my personal princess" he smiled as he kissed her head. "And you're my prince charming" she smiled as leant into him. I smiled, "So you guys.." I paused. "What?" they said together. "When's the wedding?" I grinned. Ju blushed "Whenever he wants" she laughed as she stroked Devin's cheek. "Well actually, I booked the church for next week" he smiled as he kissed her palm. Ju looked at me, kissed Devin and took my hand "We better go shopping then!" she hugged Devin again and together we rushed to my car. I thought I had gotten away with not resting but she sat in the driving seat and we headed into town. When we got there we rushed around the shops just being stupid and took pictures but then we decided to go to a dress and suit shop. She had made me get fitted first and she picked out a fitted suit and a black bowtie. "This is so handsome aw Ricky" I smiled looking back at my reflection, I did look good. "Well that's me done lets get you dressed" I smiled as I sat on a sofa and she was directed to the back by giggly shop assitants. I got passed a glass of champagne and I waited for Juliet's return. After 10 long minutes of hushed talk a lady came out of the curtain ready to open it. "She looks amazing" I smiled and sat up ready. The lady opened the curtain and there was Juliet looking back at me, she looked beautiful. She wore a dress that was short at the front and long at the back, layered with netting and satin. The short front showed her thigh and calf tattoos. The dress had no straps also showing her collarbone tattoo. Her rich red hair and been put into a bun showing her pretty face and her silver nose ring shone. "I..I'm speechless" I said. "I love it, this is the one" she smiled. "Could you take a picture of me and this beautiful bride?" I asked the curtain lady. She nodded and I put my arm around her back and we both grinned. "I'm so proud of you Juliet" I told her. "Ricky, you're gonna make me cry" She grinned anyway. I looked at the price tag on her back and walked to the checkout and paid. Ju rolled her eyes "I was going to pay, Ricky it's a lot of money!" I shrugged. "I'll take it to mine so Ghost won't see it" I said and she nodded as she went behind the curtain again. I was already changed and had my suit next to me. Another long 10 minutes passed before Ju came back and took my hand in hers. "Thank you for today" I whispered to her. "Thank you Ricky" she said back. I smiled and she drove again to mine and we put in our shopping and went back to Ju's. I was so happy, yet so scared and I didn't know why.