Dangerous Conceit

Dangerous Conceit

Author: @ali-lee

Genre: Romance

Status: COMPLETE/not available on wattpad

Forced into working for the scandalous mayor by her stepfather, Lexi and her four friends are assigned to rid Miami based crime boss Angelo Tomassi. After an attempted refusal leaves one friend lifeless, they consent to work at Angelo's establishments to gain information on the boss. But unfortunately for Lexi, she unknowingly captures the interest of Angelo's underboss and finds herself deadlocked between two ruthless opponents.

(Excerpt)

Seth smirked at her answer. "Seems like attraction to me." He poured the mixture into the two remaining glasses and carefully placed them on a tray.

"Please, I was simply being cordial like a good employee. I promise you that I am in no way attracted to Mr. Paolini...just like any other man who comes in here."

"Is that right?" Rafa rested both arms on the bar with contempt for her statement, a profuse blush now spreading across her cheeks at being overheard. "That is quite unfortunate for you, Lexi. After a remark like that, I just might make attempts to change your mind." He narrowed his eyes at her with a dangerously, challenging smirk upon his lips. Having heard the rumors about Rafa, Seth quickly grabbed the tray and maneuvered around Lexi's frozen body, refusing to look the man in the eyes.

"Come here, Alexis."

***

This story is a companion to "Mafia Protection" and doesn't necessarily have to be read first. However, I do recommend reading "Mafia Protection" first because those characters will be in it and it will make a little more sense.

I think the main reason I enjoyed this story was because of Lexi's secret (not giving it away, but some people will understand). I think it was cute to add her secret in because it made Lexi and Rafa's relationship so much more intense and real. There were so many twists in this story but when it all came together, it was amazing!!

ALSO, this story is currently undergoing editing and is being rewritten. I don't know when the author will post it again on Wattpad, but I do know that the author plans to publish it.

- Jackie exohexoh