chapter 24: impatient

I waited patiently at first. Everyone from Anabelle and William to Jacob and Shane came checking up on me now and again. Shane always inspecting Kale's wound before he left. After two days, Jason came in.

"Shane was right, you do look thirsty." He said as soon as he was in the door.

"Shouldn't you be with Anya?" I frowned.

'Shane's and Jake are with her. She understands I need fresh air every once in awhile." He shrugged.

"I don't." I muttered. He sighed now.

"I'll sit here with him..."

"I want to be here when he wakes up. He does it for me. Is this why they sent you here?"

"No. I just wanted to make sure you're OK. I guess you are considering you're arguing with me." He chuckled.

"Oh. Sorry." Now he was just making me feel bad. We usually got along.

"I get where you're coming from, Jamie. Just know your limits." He gazed at Kale for a moment. "This one must have been pretty bad." He murmured, then looked at me. "Don't dwell on it dolcetto, he'll be around in no time..."
It was after that, that I started to get impatient. In the middle of the third day I couldn't stand it anymore. His gash was just a tiny little cut now. It looked much better. It was much easier to look at. I had been running my fingers up and down his arm and through his hair for hours, not once did he move. Finally, I got so impatient, that I decided to risk feeling awkward and talk to him even though he probably couldn't hear me.

"Your wound is looking much better. I can't believe that happened to you...It scared me when I saw Milo do it. I'm glad you're strong though...I—I almost killed Milo. I've never been so angry in my life. I thought I was going to lose you. Just goes to show how much I love you, right? I love you so much, Kale. So, so much....Please wake up Kale, please. Kale?...Kale?...Kale!" My voice had started off as a whisper but began to get impatiently louder. I let out a deep sigh.

"Kalsaban..."

His arm twitched. Finally movement.

"Kalsaban Nicolas-Troy." I sang out. He grimaced.

"I hate that." He murmured exhastedly.

I got so excited that I leaned over, kissing his lips deeply. When I sat up again, he grinned.

"I love that." He sighed. "Dream with me Jamie, as much as I want to open my eyes I just don't think I can yet."

"Let's dream then." I breathed.

"Jamie?" He seemed to ask. I grabbed his hand, laying next to him.

"I'm right here, Kale."

He smiled again.

"I was in the dark for a long time. You know what brought me back?" He waited for my guess.

"What?"

"Your voice." It seemed like he had to make an effort to lift my face back to his, never opening his eyes, kissed me then fell back into a dream. I followed quickly.

His dream was completely wild. I knew it was his dream because I was suddenly in that all too familiar sea green sheet that was nearly see through.

"Really?" I rolled my eyes at him. He smiled, grabbing my face and shutting me up instantly.

~Zzzzzzzz.....~

I was the first one to wake up. Well this was interesting. He had rolled on top of me during our dream. He obviously wasn't in pain anymore. He gasped suddenly. His eyes shooting open.