Chapter 11 - Love and Happiness

-3rd Person-

"I beg your pardon." He tried to come to grasps with the single word she uttered moments ago

"I have fallen in love with you, your majesty. I see your faults, virtues and your humanity. I love you Henry Tudor." He stood up and lifted her in the air she let out a squeal but not loud enough for others to be awoken. He put her back down.

"Say it again."

"I love you." and he added Henry Tudor, she love him for him not his crown or title. She loved the man.

"I have waited so long to hear you say those words. I never thought you would."

"Neither would I. But this is not good. Henry you are married, you have a duty to your wife and Kingdom. I am just no one."

"You are someone, to me, to your family, don't you ever think that."

"But Anne." he shushed her

"Leave her to me."

"I cannot become your mistress"

"I do not wish you too." He held her face in his hands "We shall be together one day, I will make sure of it." Charlotte turned away and held herself

"I have split you two have I not? This is what I feared" Henry turned her around.

"No, don't you dare think that. There are many reasons why I am questioning my marriage to Anne and it is nothing to do with you. I command you never to never think of such a thing."

"But, what makes this so right."

"You see me as Henry, not your King. Would you love me if I was not King."

"Of course."

"Then that is all I need. You must be patient. The Queen is with child again."

"If you have a boy then I must marry someone else, because her fate as Queen is sealed."

"We shall cross that bridge once we come to it. Now you must sleep, you look tired." He escorted her back to her chambers before returning to his own and dreaming of his Lottie. For once he hope he would not have a son.

---Charlotte---

News had reached everywhere that Queen Catherine was now dead. I mounted Luna and rode as fast as I could towards Hampton Court. Upon arrival I made my way fast to his majesty chambers.

"I'm here to see the King." I breathed the page nodded and opened the door.

"Lady Charlotte Brandon to see you."  the page nodded for me to enter and I did so. Henry was on the floor near the fire holding something.

"Henry." I crouched down. He handed me what he was holding and I saw it was a last letter from the Queen. I read it all and hugged him.

"You know what you must do, don't you Henry." I looked down at him.

"She is no longer here, which means you have nothing to fear. As her daughter Mary has the right to attend her funeral."

"She can't" I pulled away and took his hands

"Henry, imagine if you had been banned from seeing your mother. Not once did she complain when you have hurt her so greatly. It is the least you could do, I know that if my circumstances were as hers, I would be eternally grateful and humble to your majesty." He seemed to think about it and nod.

-----------------

A couple of days later it was the 1st of May. I was being chased my Nephew. There majesties were announced and curtsied.  I started being chased I bumped and fell to the ground. I heard laughter and saw his majesty

"Your majesty." I bowed my head.

"Lady Charlotte." he held his hands down and I took them as he helped me

"Thank you. I am being chased by three most ghastly creature" I laughed seeing my nephew with play sword.

"Then we must defend your Kind self."

"Maybe but I think they have turned on your darling daughter Elizabeth" I pointed to her highness who was coming out.

"I think so. Sweetheart." he approached her and I smiled before standing with my Uncle. I watched as Henry played with my nephews who were still being knights.

"Elizabeth, may I introduce you to the Lady Charlotte." I smiled and curtsied

"Your Highness."

"Are you a friend of Papa?"

"Yes I am."

"Will you be my friend too?" I laughed a little

"It would be a great honour your highness."

"Did you hear papa I have a new friend."

"Of course I did. Would you like to play" she nodded eagerly and took my hand. We stated to dance along with the music and she was exceptionally good and bright for her age. She truly was Henry daughter.

B+\rt