Chapter 13 - Charlotte's Power

There was to be a jousting tournament yet I felt very nervous like something bad was going to happen. I didn't know what but my heart ached in pain.

"Lottie." I jumped hearing my Uncle. I was sat with Lady Jane Rochford and Catherine. "He wants to see you." I sighed and nodded

"Please excuse me." I left and followed my uncle to His majesty's tent.  I walked in as he was being fitted

"Leave us." They nodded and left. Charles followed shortly behind them.

"I hope you would let me wear your favours ." I looked away and fiddled with the ribbon around my wrist.

"What is it my love?"

"You'd think me silly." I reply he lifted me up by the chin.

"Never"

I have this gut and heart wrenching feeling that something awful will happen to you. I couldn't bare it if something did."

"Darling I have done this plenty of times, I know what I'm doing."

"I know you do. I just can't get rid of it." I shake my head "Maybe I'm just being foolish." I removed the ribbon from my wrist and kissed it before handing it to him.

"I hope I'm wrong. I don't want to lose you." I curtsied and left. Sitting back down I watched my Uncle joust and others.

"His majesty the King." My head snapped round and to look at him take a seat. I saw he spare me a glance.

'Thank you' I mime and he gives a smile nodding. I continued to watch and it would have been Henry's turn if he had not forfeited. The two riders ran towards each other. One was knocked off their horse and didn't get up. People rushed to help and I held my heart. Is that what would have happened if Henry was in his place.

-------

-3rd Person-

The man who was hurt in the place of Henry recovered much to the relief of everyone. Henry laid on his bed as he looked at his Lottie's favours. She and her favours had protected him for harm, she was wise to concern and he was smart to heed it. Because of that he was safe and well.

There was a knock on the door and Charles was introduced . Henry stood up still holding his sweethearts favours.

"Charles" the door closed

"Your majesty." Henry slapped his hands on his friends shoulders

"I hope you know how lucky you are to have Charlotte. She has done you and England a great favour."

"I know what luck she brings. What happened, I thought you were to joust?"

"Our sweet Lottie begged me not to. She told me she had a feeling not to a I wisely heeded her words. "

"I guess you did"

"Now, we must put our plan into action I can tell that the court is getting suspicious of her so must shift rumours to the Lady Jane."

"Do you think it wide to use a Lady as such."

"It does not fair me well but I will have her in good graces and the Seymour's will be gifted for the unknowing help. This is for Lady Jane and this is for Lottie." he handed them two sets of gifts.

"You do love her don't you, Lottie I mean." Henry stopped he hadn't thought about her uncle that much and he was his best friend.

"I do, Charles. I'm doing everything I can to make her happy." that was enough for Charles.