Chapter 15 - Word's are more powerful

I rode long to reach the palace. I had just got news of what was to happen to Anne and I hope to change his mind. Upon my arrival I jumped from my horse and rushed through the halls.

"Lottie, what are you."

"Not now. Uncle" I breathed. "I'm here to see the King tell him I'm here." the man nodded

"Lady Charlotte Brandon, to see you, your majesty." I was nodded at and entered

"Charlotte, what are you doing here?" I watched as the door closed

"You said you were going to divorce her not kill her." his eyes hardened

"Did you not hear what she is accused of."

"Yes, absolute rubbish. If she is guilty of anything then it is the same thing I am. Loving you. Harry, I beg you do not kill her, she's innocent."

"And how would you know?"

"100 men? She accused of being with 100 men you have know her for 12 years, married her for three. You saw her a handful of times before she became you mistress. And in that time you're telling me that she slept with 100 men and not once got pregnant. Farfetched don't you think? Her brother, Mark Smeaton, Henry Norris, and one of your grooms. Smeaton I know for a fact does not fair for women her brother is an ass to his wife and other's but even I see he's nothing but a brother. Your groom was, I personally think a traitor and Norris hasn't got the balls. I Have been in court for nearly two years and I noticed all that. She is innocent." he stood there stunned

"And while we're on the subject of idiocy. My Uncle tells me you think Elizabeth is not yours, are you mad. Anyone would be blind if they did not see, she has you in her. It pains me so much that you would disown her as if she were trash."

"You do not speak to me like that! No matter how much I love you."

"I am trying to make you see sense. Anne is many things but an adulterer she is not. Please if you want to think it true fine, ignore what I have said but keep her in prison, banish her for all I care but let her live, do not deprive Elizabeth of a mother." he took my face.

"You will leave, go back to Suffolk and stay there."

"Harry please."

"Because I love you and will make her justice swift but that is all, she has been found guilty and she will be punished to the full extent."

"Then don't abandon your daughter please."

"Charles!" he called

"Harry, promise me on the existence of our future marriage you will not turn your back on her. If you wish her to be a lady fine but I beseech you, don't leave her alone in this cruel world." I begged holding his clothing. The door opened

"Your majesty."

"Take your niece home till I come."

"Yes, your majesty." I sighed and curtsied and left.

"Uncle, I want to see the Queen."

"Lottie." I looked to him

"I want to see her. Then I will leave." he nodded. I was taken to the tower of London.

"How is she" I asked master Kingston

"She seemed to go mad. She declared it would never rain till she was released. But now i think she is at peace with it."

"That is good I suppose" he lead me to her apartment and opened the door.

"Lady Brandon to see you your, majesty." I stepped in and curtsied. Her maids left us alone.

"I must say." she began "Out of the two, I hoped it would be you. Why are you here?" I walked forward

"I wanted to see you. I wanted to apologise, I never thought when we first met we would end up here."

"Why do you care?"

"Because I know your innocent. When I heard everything I raced here to plead with his majesty to spare you. None of this was meant to happen."

"Meant to happen? What was meant to happen Lady Brandon?"

"None of this. I swear to you. Anne you know as well as I do that I never wanted a married man."

"And yet you do. Tell me after I'm dead which of you will he marry. Mistress Seymour or you." I sigh looking down.

"The least you owe me is the truth, I'm dying after all" I sat down

"He wishes to marry me. Jane was just a distraction a silly plan he and my uncle came up with. I didn't want it to happen, I was convinced for all its worth that it never would. His plan was to have it rumoured Jane was his mistress and divorce you. He hope it was another girl even though it was a boy. Once it was cleared he would announce his marriage to me. Personally I think its ridiculous, I'm no Queen. I serve Queens."

"That's stupid, your intelligent, beautiful, kind, caring. Everything I'm not."

"You are, to Elizabeth. I've seen you. Your majesty."

"I am no longer Queen, that title falls to you." she then took my hand "I have come to peace with my fate. I want you to swear to me that you will be a better Queen than Catherine and I ever was. "

"Anne."

"You are better than that Seymour girl. You can love Elizabeth, she has taken to you I saw it. Please for everything that is good in the world do what I could not, give him a son, love and a peaceful England. Love my daughter as if she was your own and make sure she knows that I loved her with everything I had."

"I swear. I have already begun to fight for Elizabeth. I will continue fighting because I know what it's like have a loving father one minute and gone the next."

"That is all I can ask for."

"Why do you think me better than Jane?" I wonder

"Because I can tell you love him no for his crown but for him. I blinded myself towards it, now I am here I see the truth and if this is the last good thing I can do then I will take it. Marry him, love him and never let go." I started to cry.

"I'm so sorry, for everything. I've tried but he's not listening. I know your innocent all of this is wrong I wish I could do something."

"There is nothing you can do to save me. But please be of good cheer. You will marry a man with passion and who loves you. Not some whore with a hungry family like mine was." she wiped my tears

"You have my blessing." I cried even more

"Thank you." I stood and curtsied to her one last time. She stood and did the same.

"Your majesty" she bowed her head. I knocked on the door and it was opened I left.

"I want to see Thomas Boleyn." he nodded and took me to his cell. He opened it up.

"Lady Brandon, why are you here." I wiped my tears

"I have just visited your daughter. For the last time. And I realised that she is a saint for putting up with a father like you. I know Anne more than I would admit, she was loyal to you and you ruined her. Your greed for power has lead to here and I pray to god that it is swift because she does not deserve any pain. You however do, I think that if you somehow leave here without a scratch I would hope you live in hell. I do not need to know about the devil because you are him, two dead and one banished. I think Mary is lucky she escaped from such a man.

Tell me, did you ever love any of your children or will they all pawns."

"I don't have to answer to you, whore." I laughed hollowly

"Name calling that's rich coming from you. Because of your families actions with the exception of Mary you are all screwed. You may walk out but you might as well be dead. When you sleep at night I pray they will haunt you mad." I knocked to leave. I joined my Uncle.

"Let's go" We left for home