Meet the Parents

Kelly’s POV:

“NOOOO!” Fionna screeched as Kyle and I pulled on her arms to get her out the window. Tigger was lying down on the side with his head on his hands watching the scene, Gabriel was helping by pushing her slightly, and Red was picking at his nails in a stoic manner.

“Red you wanna help us out here?” Gabriel asked pushing her again.

“Huh, it’s not going to work that way,” Red said walking over to us. Suddenly, Fionna shrunk and walked over to him curling up behind his back.

“Please Red, don’t let them take me please,” Fionna begged curling up into Red.

“Alright, my love I’ll let you stay,” Red stated patting her back with his claw. Then before I could process it in my mind, Red started running with Fionna wrapped in his tail as he ran out of the room and jumped out of the window growing on his way out.

“Ahh poor Fionna, she’ll never get his pranks,” Tigger said walking over to the window.

“Don’t you dare,” I warned him.

“Oh mother, I don’t seem to know what you’re talking about,” Tigger said jumping out of the window. I ran over to the window to see him running right under Red as he was flying with a struggling Fionna.

“Well I guess now’s the best time to teach you something else,” Kyle said approaching me.

“Well, while you teach her, I’m going to catch up with them,” Gabriel said smiling and jumping out the window to fly after Red and Fionna.

“What are you talking about,” I asked Kyle as he started to approach me in a menacing manner. Then out of nowhere he pushed me out the window! As I was falling I saw the ground awaiting me to come smack in contact with it, but the immediate thought came into my mind, I’m the friggin’ mees kratige. With a smile I turned around so that I was facing the sky and imaged a set of wings and seconds later there were a set of white wings sprouting from my back. With one swift motion they swiped back and flung me into the air pushing me forward to the sky. I stopped flapping as soon as I was in front of Kyle’s apartment window building smiling to him.

“Your turn,” I screeched pulling him forward so that he could fall, but before he was even falling large black wings sprouted from his back propelling him into the air.

“No fair, I didn’t even know you had wings,” I whinnied pouting my lower lip.

“Yeah I know, that’s why it’s so fun,” Kyle stated smiling at my pouting face. His eyes shifted to my wings and he flapped closer to me to put his hand through my wings. That feeling relaxed me and I tilted my head back in comfort closing my eyes absorbing the summer’s heat. I opened my eyes when he moved his hands away from my feathers.

“Come one we’re pretty far behind, and you won’t know what to do at first since you’re new to flying,” Kyle stated taking my hand and guiding me into the direction of Gabriel, Red, Fionna, and Tigger.

“So how does this work exactly?” I asked just making sure to think like a bird and flap.

“It’s pretty simple actually, as long as you just flap you have the basics. But we are going to work on speed, you’re just as fast as Red, but you’re going to have to push your wings a little harder than you usually would,” Kyle explained to me as I started to move my wings quicker, I felt it pain me a little as if I were running, but the pain was more spread out so it was bearable.

“Like this?” I asked.

“Yeah. Now let’s take it to the next level,” Kyle challenged letting go of my hand to move quicker and fly out to into the sky.