The Family

A PICTURE OF RED IS PROVIDED AIN'T HE SEXI :D

            Kelly walked in on her parents sitting and eating brunch, it was twelve in the afternoon and they were gathered together eating away. Her mother was sitting down at the end of the table eating a plate of eggs and bacon. Her mother was only 5’ 5.5”, but she liked to consider herself 5’6” she had brown skin with full kissable lips. She was a very welcoming person and always about business, but made time for her children. Her father was shoving an egg sandwich in his face while some was falling on the plate, her mother gave her father a look of disgust, but smiled when she saw Kelly walk in.

“Hello darling,” Her mother said coming over to hug Kelly.

Kelly returned the hug and smiled, “Hello Ms. Trisha,” Kelly said.

“Why you continue to call me Ms. Trisha is a mystery to me,” Trisha said.

“Well mother it’s because it’s fun for me to say your name without getting slapped.” Kelly sat down next to her father. He had circles under his eye probably from a lack of sleep.

“Long day I’m guessing?” Kelly asked putting her head in her hands and her elbows on the counter.

“Yeah, have a meeting with the board about a new idea,” Her father said taking a sip of his coffee.

“Wow the great Savannah Spacey has yet a new idea,” Kelly said sitting up and waving her hands in the air.

“Yea, skin changing,” Savannah said.

“Oh cool, that sounds interesting, who’d you test it on this time?” Kelly asked curious.

“Me,” Her sister said dragging her body in. Yazmine, her sister, looked ashy around her face. She had chocolate chubby cheeks with a long weave flowing from her back. She was practically crawling when she came to the table.

“What’s wrong?” Kelly asked.

“Just got done with his skin changing thing, takes a lot out of you when your skin goes back normal,” Yazmine said sitting on the chair.

“Here,” Kelly said reaching her arm out.

“Kelly I’d prefer it if you didn’t do that-,” Trisha started but was cut off by Yazmine sticking her teeth into Kelly’s wrist.

“Sorry, she just looked really tired,” Kelly said making a puppy face. Yazmine lifted her face from the wound licking it to heal it.

“Thanks Kelly you always know when to help me out,” Yazmine said.

“Yeah I know,” Kelly said wiping the saliva off her wrist and onto Yazmine’s arm giggling.

“There’s more blood in the microwave for you now,” Savannah said picking up his suit case, kissing Trisha on the cheek and leaving.

“Well I’m starving, and the food smells wonderful,” Her brother, Jack said walking in. Jack was a small child for a werewolf.

“Kelly I saw you on the today show, you really need a love life,” Jack said sitting down.

“Oh I saw that too,” Trisha said lifting her head, “I liked the way you handled the situation.”

“I learn from the best,” Kelly said avoiding Jack’s statement.

“That’s what I said,” Red said hopping on the counter with Tigger. Trisha gave him a scolding look. Red’s ears dropped, “Sorry.” Red said flying off the counter with Tigger. In their house, animals weren’t allowed anywhere near where the humans ate or cooked.

“Well I’m going to the store, I’m lacking on food,” Kelly said heading for the door.

“Are you taking the car?” Trisha asked.

“No, I’m gonna walk,” Kelly said.

“Take the dragon with you,” Trisha said. Red followed behind Kelly as she walked out the door. Little did her mother know, Kelly held a hidden knife in her bag and took it everywhere she went

“Yes ma’am,” Kelly said walking outside.

“Tigger wants to come,” Red said hopping onto Kelly’s shoulder.

“Get the leash Red,” Kelly commanded as Red flew off.

“You know you’re going to get a bath when we get back?” Kelly said to Tigger putting on his collar as Red fell on her shoulder again. They started walking slowly to the store a few blocks from their house. She loved to look at the sky filled with Dragons and bright stars. She wanted to fly, but Tigger didn’t enjoy it so she walked along to the store, Pathmark. She walked in getting chicken, green beans, juice, cereal, and milk. She filled an entire cart with that and a meal that was already prepared. She paid for it and was stopped by a crowd of young girls wanting her autograph. They petted Tigger and Red, and smiled at her. The girls were  group of cheerleaders that just came back from a long practice and showed her a cheer that they did.

“Alright girls keep up the good work, I might have to use you in one of my music videos,” Kelly said smiling.

“Naw not a wonderful choreographer like you,” One of the girls stated.

“No I think you’re moves were dope, just give me your school name and I’ll check them out as soon as I can,” Kelly said.

“West Side High,” They yelled in unison giving her a great big hug and thanking her. They walked off as she did the same going back toward her house.

“Red, take the food and Tigger back to the house I’ll meet you there,” Kelly said.

“Okay and Tigger’s going to have a really bad day,” Red said.

“Why is that?” Kelly asked.

“Because he has to fly back home, and he has to get a bath,” Red stated growing and picking Tigger up in his foot.

“Well good thing when I get home he’ll have his favorite snacks,” Kelly said smiling and scratching behind Tigger’s ear. Red flew off and Kelly walked along the street and ditched into the alleyway that she would usually sit in to think.